Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Theyre not left and right handed are they?

But again - whats the car for? If its a road car then I think you could end up spending time & money to fit some

shocks that are potentially not ideal for the application.

Dampers

Shocks. https://www.gazshocks.com/ 

#17 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

I had a read through the Mighty Mini regs and they are permitted  to run HiLos or other adjustables so they should not be an issue.

#18 carsten850

carsten850

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

These have Mighty Minis engraved into them so figure they are legal :)

They are already bought and cheap compared to the ones in my classic cars and even more so if you check out the FIA historic stuff from MED/ Swiftune/Quantum... so 100£ a shock is resonable compared to 3/4 way proper race stuff.

The car is for trackday abuse (barnfind racecar with history back to early 80's but since its a 78 car, its been poopoo'd by the snobby FIA race crowd here in Denmark.. I found a rollcaged car with Miglia spec race engine (steel everything), drydecked, straightcut box, original 70's fibreglass doors/boot/bonnet etc... so I bought it and had the engine overhauled and fitted with SC 5port injection etc..

Bit rough around the edges, neglected thing, but solid shell and monster engine.

Attached Files

Edited by carsten850, 22 March 2018 - 03:24 PM.

#19 John Gervais

John Gervais

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Copenhagen

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

I'm not familiar with these dampers, but what if you positioned them with the adjustment knobs facing forward instead of rearward?

If you read the first post this is what the OP said "with the dials facing forward, the outboard one hits the radius arm on full droop".

By golly you're right!  I guess I was mesmerized by the snapshot photo and didn't notice.  Thanks for the correction!

Carsten - I'm in the Copenhagen area - I know what you mean when you mention the 'FIA' crowd...  Buzzkills, éh?   PM til mig hvis du har lyst til det eller mangler noget - måske har jeg noget i overskud.  Cheers -

#20 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Theyre not left and right handed are they?
But again - whats the car for? If its a road car then I think you could end up spending time & money to fit some
shocks that are potentially not ideal for the application.

Dampers

Technically yes. But I gave up being a pedant and got a life very shortly after realising hardly anyone really cares but knows what was being talked about.

#21 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

These have Mighty Minis engraved into them so figure they are legal :)

They are already bought and cheap compared to the ones in my classic cars and even more so if you check out the FIA historic stuff from MED/ Swiftune/Quantum... so 100£ a shock is resonable compared to 3/4 way proper race stuff.

The car is for trackday abuse (barnfind racecar with history back to early 80's but since its a 78 car, its been poopoo'd by the snobby FIA race crowd here in Denmark.. I found a rollcaged car with Miglia spec race engine (steel everything), drydecked, straightcut box, original 70's fibreglass doors/boot/bonnet etc... so I bought it and had the engine overhauled and fitted with SC 5port injection etc..

Bit rough around the edges, neglected thing, but solid shell and monster engine.

the default position is adjusters forward. pictures coming tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users