#1 skoughi

skoughi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Shetland classic car club

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Anyone fancy a good drive?! Our Classic show will be held on the 2 & 3rd of June. This is a free to enter event, once you've finished paying all the expenses to get here it would be a bit cheeky to want to charge admission! Pretty much open to anything of interest and we don't do prizes for best in show etc! There is an online registration form on our website, shetlandclassicmotorshow.co.uk. The "easiest" way to get here is to use the Northlink ferry from Aberdeen, there is a 30% discount code for exhibitors. It'll be rather different to most shows and if you come up a couple of days beforehand or stay on then you'll get to enjoy some fantastic driving roads which are perfect for a Mini! Oh and little traffic and no speed cameras  :D

#2 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

I worked on Shetland for just over two years, and while I never made it to the show, I was quite impressed by the quality and numbers of cars I saw coming over on the ferry and driving around the island over those few days each year. Although my company hire car was usually a Kia, or an aging Saab 93 I can also vouch for the joy of driving up there. Well worth a visit.

#3 skoughi

skoughi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Shetland classic car club

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

Thank you for the endorsement Rich! It's certainly a bit of a trek to get here, and does unfortunately cost a bit regarding the ferry, but I'm heartened that you enjoyed your time here as it's not for everyone. The show does attract an amazing range of vehicles, bikes and commercials and some folk do travel a good distance from all over europe. Probably a different type of show to most as we don't give out prizes, probably just more of a social! The quality of local vehicles is rising the whole time too, decent earnings from the fishing and oil industry does allow folk to have a few toys! We're trying a new online registration system this year which has had quite a few gremlins so we're rather late in getting it open this time, a lot of hard work is required to get the numbers attending up to the usual levels!

#4 RWD3M

RWD3M

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 03:34 PM

Hi @skoughi

I know this is resurrecting a farily old post (this is the first time I've seen it), but the wife and I are heading up to Shetland again next year and this time we'll be taking our Mini.

Previously we've taken our '73 GT6 (2016) and our '37 Morris 8 (last year - 2022) and are really looking forward to the trip and the show.

I'm in quite regular contact with Larry and am hoping he'll have our Mini alongside the others at the show!

As for reccommendation, It really is a terrific show. Yes. it is a bit of a trek, but it's amazing he distances some will travel. The first time we attended the show there were around 5 or 6 Triumph TR's that had travelled over in convoy from Germany!

#5 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 03 January 2024 - 04:49 PM

Hi @skoughi

I know this is resurrecting a farily old post (this is the first time I've seen it), but the wife and I are heading up to Shetland again next year and this time we'll be taking our Mini.

Previously we've taken our '73 GT6 (2016) and our '37 Morris 8 (last year - 2022) and are really looking forward to the trip and the show.

I'm in quite regular contact with Larry and am hoping he'll have our Mini alongside the others at the show!

As for reccommendation, It really is a terrific show. Yes. it is a bit of a trek, but it's amazing he distances some will travel. The first time we attended the show there were around 5 or 6 Triumph TR's that had travelled over in convoy from Germany!

skoughi appears not to have been logged on here since October 2010....

#6 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 04:52 PM

im not sure that's right.. his post above was 21 March 2018 @ 10:09 PM

and his profile says Last Active Dec 27 2023 @ 09:54 AM

or her ? whatever 

Edited by stuart bowes, 03 January 2024 - 04:52 PM.

#7 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 03 January 2024 - 05:00 PM

My bad..... member since 2010... sorry.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users