#1 Paulclarke

Paulclarke

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

Hi there!!!

I live in Vancouver Canada and recently got a 1992 rover mini 1.3 spi auto. Its from Japan and whoever had it before me took it off the road for 10 years and left it outside 😞 I got a great deal on it because of that.

It was running rough so I just did the valve seals, head gasket and a new crank angle sensor. Anyways its running pretty good now but the gas pedal still sputters. Its alot better now ( maybe the new sensor helped? ) but when gas pedal is pushed more than around a third of the way down the rpm shoots way down and car jolts a bit. I take my foot off the pedal and push down just a little bit again and its all good. I can keep driving when it happens, does not stall. Also car idles very nice, but when i push the pedal down too far as it idles same thing happens. Also when I have been driving past maybe 60kpm and it has happened a little bit of smoke does come out of bonnet. Im thinking its overheating a bit too. And no my temp gauge does not work 😞

I know there is ALOT of info on here about the injection system amd the breathers and vacuum lines and gas lines. I have read some of it and its great. THANK YOU! I am just wondering if someone can tell me the best place to start as I am new to this working on my car stuff. I have never done this stuff but I did valve seals and head gasket just fine so Im not totally clueless.

Thank alot guys! This seems like a great forum.

Cheers from Canada!

#2 Paulclarke

Paulclarke

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:14 AM

Also, the mechanics I bought it from put in new plugs, new plug wiring, new fuel pump, and checked the timing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users