#16 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Looked at the Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1, Pug ? (what ever the tiny Pug is called) Seem less of a 'proper' car than the VW group offerings. Think it will definitely be one of that trio or Polo / Ibiza if we go up a size.

When we bought the IQ we had the same feeling about all of those, even the Aygo! I suspect they've all upped their game now.

Is the problem with the general public right there.

See a car for £6000 and complain it doesn't have the features of a £10,000 car.

Company puts features in (upping the price) and people complain it's not too expensive.

Sales of the original C1/107/Aygo were huge, sales of the second gen models are lower.

#17 jomaoliveira79

jomaoliveira79

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

I have a Peugeot 107 and I think it has a lot to do with the Mini, more than the MINI for sure! It's economical, easy to service myself, spartan, lightweight, nippy, easy parking, revvy noisy engine and firm suspension... Ah and prone to cabin noises! I love driving it!!!

#18 andy159

andy159

Speedy fingers.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

i may be wrong but arent these models the same chasis and engine just different bodywork and badge on and a few other tweaks?

#19 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

The three mentioned in the title yes all share the same platform etc.

However the engines may have slightly different maps to each other. Yes the BHP range does differ over the 1 Ltr range from 55 to 75bhp and I do believe now apart from the GTI there is another in the early 80's although I would have to double check.

I do know with VW the spec of the car dictates the power output. For example my wife's High Up Bluemotion has 75bhp, the lower spec cars have 55.

Although completely different models my sons Octavia VRS estate has exactly the same engine as my CC. His has 184bhp, mine has 175. Same age of car as well. Skoda and Audi seem to play around with the engines slightly certainly on the diesels. Tweaking of the maps.

I do know the latest VW GTD has 184 bhp but it's from 2015 I believe. So constant changes. But I digress.

#20 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

i may be wrong but arent these models the same chasis and engine just different bodywork and badge on and a few other tweaks?

Yea, the 107/C1/Aygo was a special collaboration project called B-Zero, Toyota Petrol Engine was used.

The Mii/CitiGo/Up etc are naturally all the same as it's VAG.

It's one of the few cars that isn't on the MQB platform, which is VAG's way of saving money - by making everything into a Golf apparently.

#21 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

My other half purchased a pre registered Vauxhall viva.... yeah the new one, I have to say it was cheap to buy and has been a cracking car, its only 1.0 three cylinder, put it pulls really well, makes a good sound and is packed full of kit. I was cynical at first but I have to admit I have been proved wrong. I even think it looks good in red.

#22 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

My other half purchased a pre registered Vauxhall viva.... yeah the new one, I have to say it was cheap to buy and has been a cracking car, its only 1.0 three cylinder, put it pulls really well, makes a good sound and is packed full of kit. I was cynical at first but I have to admit I have been proved wrong. I even think it looks good in red.

Im not sure about the Viva, I think the Adam would be more attractive to a teenager.

#23 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

The 1l Turbo Adam is a good laugh, plenty of poke.

#24 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Im not sure about the Viva, I think the Adam would be more attractive to a teenager.

Yeah I know what you mean, but hers actually looks pretty sporty, its the SL model, alloys, blacked out windows, leather look seats, I know its still a viva but it really looks good !  ... ok well as good as a viva can lol

#25 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

when i used to be a sales rep my diesel astra had to go into a bodyshop for some work and they gave me a Mii for 2 weeks.... 

I did 250 spirited miles every day and it was brilliant. no idea how much fuel it used as I had a fuel card and didnt pay any attention.

just watch out for understeer! its safe to the astra had more grip

#26 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Was passing our local VW stealer yesterday so thought Id nip in and pick up a brochure and peruse the Up! (How many cars have an exclamation mark in their name?)  in a bit more detail.

Dolly bird blonde on the reception counter, all false lashes and impossibly white teeth, "Sorry sir we dont do brochures anymore but I can get one of the sales team to take your email address and send you an e-copy". No thanks, I'll look it up online myself!  :mmkay:

What is happening when I cant even get a nice glossy, expensive looking brochure to peruse?, part of the fun of new car buying gone!

#27 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

All part of the drive to cut costs to the bone, including slashing salespeople pay.

The general public want the lowest price possible, which means getting rid of any and all frills in the sales process.

Edited by r3k1355, 05 May 2018 - 12:13 PM.

#28 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Was passing our local VW stealer yesterday so thought Id nip in and pick up a brochure and peruse the Up! (How many cars have an exclamation mark in their name?)  in a bit more detail.

Dolly bird blonde on the reception counter, all false lashes and impossibly white teeth, "Sorry sir we dont do brochures anymore but I can get one of the sales team to take your email address and send you an e-copy". No thanks, I'll look it up online myself!  :mmkay:

What is happening when I cant even get a nice glossy, expensive looking brochure to peruse?, part of the fun of new car buying gone!

Guy i work with, not long retired was in the market for a new car. He always geta a golf with dab radio fitted. But he done the same tried to get a brocuhre from audi, bmw, vw etc and as they dont do them anymore he went home and printed them all out! Hundreds of pages just to go and get the same car he has always had!!

Funny story about the same guy, he bought a new vauxhall or maybe a rover i think took him about 6 months to realise it had 5 gears.

#29 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer to be honest.

#30 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer to be honest.

Oh he was clever. I work at a radio transmitting site and he knew what he wqs doing! Very much so, he just never liked change and was very much stuck in his ways etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users