3 replies to this topic

#1 Verderad

Verderad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

In the middle of stripping down car, and I noticed that the gap between the bulkhead and the sun frame was not even.

Aemsram.jpg?1

Gap on near side is 11mm

yOdXhO8.jpg

Gap on the offside is 18mm

QI69s8d.jpg

Ive looked at the mount points on the toe board,  The off side one has a packer under it, although its not 7mm thick

uElnLAm.jpg

I'm going to replace the fibre glass flip front with all new panels including the full inner wings, I was going to use the sub frame to  align the panels.

Where should I take measurements from on the inside of the shell to determine if the toe board mount points are in the right place?

What would the measurements be? 

I will see if I can get some better pictures of the toe board mount points, see if there are any local dents in the toe board of flitch (both have been extensively repaired).

#2 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

is the right hand (..as you look from the front..) tower correctly located in the bulkhead crossmember ?

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

the bodywork and fittings section of your Haynes manual give you the measurements you need to align the subframes to within tolerance.

that spacer aint needed. the bolt to the subframe need slackening as there is adjustment there as the holes are over size. and looking at that subframe i would not presume that it is straight or square.

#4 Verderad

Verderad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

I've had a good look at the bulkhead today and noticed that the offside lower subframe mount is pushed back, I then cleaned the underseal off off the tunnel end to find that it's covered in hammer marks. It looks like someone has hammered a large rent out of the end of the toe board where the tunnel meets it. Both floor pans have a bow in them which makes me wonder if toe board has been pushed back in a smash.

I have dimensions of front subframe mount in relation to heel board but only for a single bolt on the lower mount.
Lx94D6p.jpg

Anyone have this for front subframe with 2 holes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users