#1 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Hi

I have an MPI project that I’m nearing completion with but I’m having a bit of a problem with the selector. 

The gear stick doesn't look like its sitting correctly in the car and it only feels like 1-2-4 are available.

The reason for the project was an accident, an accident that bent the selector rods.  As the original rods were bent and to speed up the strip down they were cut off and then scrapped.  They were replaced with spare rods from a 1990 racing green that was scrapped years ago.

Looking on the forums it appears that the mpi and racing green rods would be different lengths my question is what is the correct length?

I’m also slightly worried that 3 is unavailable because that was the gear the mini was in at the time of the accident. Could anything internal be amiss?

Cheers

Mark

#2 ukcooper

ukcooper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

I think you need a set of a spi or mpi or a late 1275 as far as I remember the engine was moved forward 1990 in the front subframe by about 1/2"to get it to fit , best giving guesswork's a pm or go his site and ask the all knowing god of gearbox's and ask about 3rd gear .. good luck...

http://www.guess-works.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users