3 replies to this topic

#1 Darwinism

Darwinism

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

My '99 mpi is in worse condition than I originally thought when I bought it a couple of years ago, the outer sill has a hole behind the front wheel and after a little prodding it's clear it's been bodged in the past, there's probably a stack of outer sills on top of each other, there's a rubbery sheet of some kind behind the rust, it doesn't look good for the inner and top sills.

A couple of questions,

Is there a sill based diary on the forum that I can use for reference? I can't seem to find anything in detail.

Do the wings definitely have to come off? I'm not good at welding, bound to make a mess, and the cost of repainting might put me over budget.

#2 Verderad

Verderad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

There is. http://www.theminifo...nd-outer-sills/
Can't work out how to create a link

#3 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

If your interested I can have a look and give you some advice! I am in WestYorkshire,

up to you , 

If you want to check my 2 build threads on here! I think you will see I have some knowledge

of minis  ;D

#4 Darwinism

Darwinism

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

There is. http://www.theminifo...nd-outer-sills/
Can't work out how to create a link

Cheers that's a big help.

If your interested I can have a look and give you some advice! I am in WestYorkshire,

up to you , 

If you want to check my 2 build threads on here! I think you will see I have some knowledge

of minis  ;D

I'll take you up on your offer, 100%, your a gent for offering, I have a new exhaust in the mail due to a split, once fitted and we get a nice bit of weather I'll pop up. I read your build threads, your clearly a dab hand it'd be great to get some advice. I'll PM you once I'm back on the road, thanks again,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users