35 replies to this topic

#31 Cabriomin

Cabriomin

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

I've just put these on my cabrio and are fine for £50 a corner. Unless you're ragging it round a track or running serious modifications you won't notice the difference between these and the Yoko's (which I have on my mpi)

#32 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Falken has a new variant which is surprisingly well reviewed. I'd pick it over the Yoko's for all season road use

#33 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

I've just put these on my cabrio and are fine for £50 a corner. Unless you're ragging it round a track or running serious modifications you won't notice the difference between these and the Yoko's (which I have on my mpi)

So you quite happy with them? Any photos of them fitted in curious to what they look like in real life !

It would be great if one of the mini magazines could do a comparison between they different tyres doing test like wet stopping distances,Dry stopping distances and a bit of a handling test all the same car so we could get a real life review of all the tyres .

#34 Cabriomin

Cabriomin

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

Only done a few miles but happy so far.

What you have to remember is yes, they keep you on the road but the suspension has a lot to do with that and stopping has a lot to do with the brakes.

I wouldn't ever go cheap cheap with tyres but Nankang are now supplied new by many manufacturers so can't be bad.

Hope this helps, cabrio is still in my garage at the minute getting some bits ready for London to Brighton so not a lot of room for photos I'm afraid.

#35 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

Thanks to Cabriomin for emailing me a couple of photos of the Nankangs .
YwNj42f.jpg
QXIlTGR.jpg

#36 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Don't forget rolling resistance. The Falken's beat the Yoko's and the Chinese brands on this one too. When it comes to tyres, I would always go Japanese if I can't go French.

It would be great if one of the mini magazines could do a comparison between they different tyres doing test like wet stopping distances,Dry stopping distances and a bit of a handling test all the same car so we could get a real life review of all the tyres .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users