#1 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

hello all!

I bought a 91 mini about 6 months ago as a spur of the moment sort of thing. I haven't touched it since and I decided I better do something with it before it becomes worthless.
The car is pretty nice but does has a couple faults which made me barn it as soon them. the first is a very rapid battery drain. it can be hard to start just a few hours later. p.o. told me it was timing on the engine and a vokt check prior to purchase showed the battery was charging and it was new as well. could be a drain, could be the alt or could be an earth problem.
The biggest problem is it leaks like crazy from what I suspect is the windshield. it has really done a number on the drivers floor pan as you can imagine. that's going to need to be fixed first. the frame looks pretty good but I do seem some rust discoloration on a tiny bit on the bottom edge. I'm going to find a shop to pull the windshield and trim , fix that small blemish area and reinstall the window. it doesn't look like the current one has any sealant on it which would explain the water infiltration. because it's going in from behind the dash I can't really see the exact area so I will just have the whole thing done.

anyway it's good to see a wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to conversing with the members on here.

#2 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Welcome! A battery drain at that rate is most likely to be the alternator, as you say.
Sounds like a good project, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users