2 replies to this topic

#1 Mini Martin 1995

Mini Martin 1995

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

Totaly lost now, i turn the key the fuel is injected and i turn to turnover car and get nothing, no click no sound whatsoever i checked battery and has full charge giving out 12.8 volts same going to ignition and starter motor, can anyone help may be very easy fix but im lost and very new to mini.
Thanks inadvance.
1995 mini see my pic

#2 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

I have just had a similar problem with a 93 SPi, it turned out to be a defective relay in the engine management relay pack (black plastic box on servo bracket in engine bay) there are 4 relays in it one starter relay, one main relay, one fuel pump relay and inlet manifold heater. Mine had water damage causing tracking in the circuit affecting the main and starter relay. New they are not cheap but can be sourced on e-bay but make sure you get the one for your car I presume by your year of manufacture it is an SPi and not the slightly later MPi.

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

#3 Mini Martin 1995

Mini Martin 1995

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for reply is there anyway to bypass this box to check and see if this is the problem,

i first thought it was the ignition and replaced the whole thing, key was sticking anyway so was needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users