#76 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Can I ask did the floor slot straight in with the heel board and front toe board return still intact. Did you cut any of the returns to get it in. Looking forward to more updates.

#77 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Can I ask did the floor slot straight in with the heel board and front toe board return still intact. Did you cut any of the returns to get it in. Looking forward to more updates.

I offered it up from below. then brought it in heel board forward pushed it up at an angle to underneath the dash then used a lever to manipulate it in carefully 

- I didn't need to cut any of the heel or toe

also to keep the rear bins I cut a little triangle out of the bottom so the floor could fit in (example below) 

Attached Files

Edited by Harryrothers93, 15 January 2019 - 07:58 PM.

#78 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

I offered it up from below. then brought it in heel board forward pushed it up at an angle to underneath the dash then used a lever to manipulate it in carefully 

- I didn't need to cut any of the heel or toe

also to keep the rear bins I cut a little triangle out of the bottom so the floor could fit in (example below)

Cheers mate, hopefully half floors will be easy enough with the front / rear heelboard lips / flanges Intacted.

#79 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

no problem bud, if you come across anything you think I might be able to help with just send us a message

#80 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

So I managed to make a start on the new dash front. will be finishing on Saturday hopefully comes out the way I want..

Attached Files

Edited by Harryrothers93, 03 March 2019 - 09:44 AM.

#81 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

update time 

Attached Files

#82 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Attached Files

#83 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

Not much of a Mini update, but I have made some progress on moving the car to its new home/tent

also couldn't resist offering a wheel up

Attached Files

#84 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

another update on my tent / workshop on a budget 

was a long Sunday, but I have managed to get a supply out of the house to power my new compressor and welder ( as the extension lead was just not going to do the job forever. Have made myself a little work bench, and the floor is almost finished ready for the car to be put on the roller jig ( when I order it that is )

Attached Files

#85 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Absolultely love that! Workshop is really comming together and a hell of alot cheaper than doing a brick built garage. Who did the electrics by the way? Looks a neat job from the pic (im a sparky so im sad and look at fuse boards and lights even when we are out shopping lol)

#86 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Absolultely love that! Workshop is really comming together and a hell of alot cheaper than doing a brick built garage. Who did the electrics by the way? Looks a neat job from the pic (im a sparky so im sad and look at fuse boards and lights even when we are out shopping lol)

thanks bud, yeah I priced up a proper purpose built garage but just can't afford it right now. so this beauty will have to do! 

did the install myself ( sparky also ) only thing I'm not sure I can live with is the position of the switch fuse. My OCD is not liking it one bit! 

snap on the looking at everything electrical wherever I go. lol 

#87 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Yea id of put the sfcu to the right of the twin sockets, but you kokw how it is, though is always some thing you’d change 2nd time around lol.
Drives my mrs crazy we will land in an airport and ill be elbowing her and saying “look at that babe, its right rough, id sack one of our lads if they did that” while shes trying to look at the views of where ever we are visiting lol. I also cant justify a brick build garage but i may steal your idea. How have you found it for condensation?

#88 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

I messed up before mounting, I knocked out the wrong 20mm entry so I kinda forced my own hand for a fail. I was gonna mention the same thing, abroad holidays are the best though sackable offences everywhere !

honestly haven't had any issues so far.... touch wood! if it does start to happen I might have to look into a heater on a timer once the mini is in there. can't have her getting damp and cold.

#89 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

I hate it when that happens lol, you punch it out then look and think “tit! Its the wrong knock out” lol still looks a nice tidy install though bud.

Awesome! I may look into a simlar set up for now as we are looking to move (double garage is on my must have) but we are in no rush so this kind of set up would be spot on. I have a rollover jig but no space in the awefull leaky garage at the mo for it ?

Will be keeping an eye on you thread dude.

#90 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

workshop / tent update.... things moving slowly.

First thing I did was to add in an isolator for the compressor and a outlet for the welder with enough length to get right round the tent.

Attached File  fullsizeoutput_645.jpeg   42.71K   1 downloads

Attached File  fullsizeoutput_669.jpeg   26.86K   1 downloads

Then it was time for another light which brightened  everything up nicely.

Attached File  IMG_0852.JPG   42.58K   0 downloads

and.....the start of a brew station, seat (check) heater (check) just need an Asda kettle and we are good to go.

Attached File  fullsizeoutput_64c.jpeg   36.01K   0 downloads

Attached File  fullsizeoutput_657.jpeg   55.27K   0 downloads

some actual mini updates soon I promise!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users