• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rallye nick

Rallye nick
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

Hi All,

Going to finally say hello an introduce myself, I'm Nick, I registered on the forum back in 2013 when i bought my first Mini Project car that never took off.

I acquired a 1990 Rover mini shell at the end of last year with the intention of replacing all the rust and rot myself, which there is an awful lot off. The big dream is to build a B series VTEC mini for use on track and at weekends through the summer months. As with all projects this is a big dream from the starting point that i am at, but hopefully i can get there.

For anyone who's interested here's a list of my previous cars, with the DC5 type R by far the best car i've owned .

1998 Peugeot 106 GTI

1998 Peugeot 106 S2 Rallye

2006 Ford Fiesta ST

2013 Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edtion

2014 Toyota GT86

2001 Honda Integra DC5 Type R

Currently the Mini is the only "car" I own as i'm now married so we bought my wife a larger car to ferry ourselves and the dogs around in! so the itch to get cracking and buy some panels and get the welder out is strong, and for once the wife is keen for me to get on build this car  :D

A photo of the shell in its current state!

Attached Files

#2 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hi Welcome to TMF

That's a nice list of cars there. Curious about what you think of the GT86?

Always like Integras but I believe they go for a he'll of a premium over a civic.

anyway... good luck with the project

#3 Rallye nick

Rallye nick
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Hi Welcome to TMF

That's a nice list of cars there. Curious about what you think of the GT86?

Always like Integras but I believe they go for a he'll of a premium over a civic.

anyway... good luck with the project

Thanks!

The GT86 was a nice car, and got a lot of attention from people thinking it was a more premium car than it was, felt a little dated inside as with most Japanese cars and it had a rubbish engine note. it could have done with a little more power to be quite honest, so overall was quite a disappointment. 

The Integra I imported from Japan myself and when i sold that last year i made very good money on it, everything from Japan from the 90s-00s has risen rapidly in price recently.

Nick

#4 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

yes it used to be my "scene" so I've noticed the change. I was considering a new S14 but the prices seem to have just about doubled in the last 8-10yrs

#5 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

Oh and yes a lot of people said the 86 really needed a bit more go. very sad really considering what it was (kind of) replacing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users