Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

Hi all,

Bit of an odd request - does anyone know if you can buy just backing foam replacements for the wing badges? My boot badge keeps falling off and i'm rubbish at trimming double sided foam for this sort of stuff!

#2 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

I've just bought some "Winged" boot and bonnet badges and was a bit disappointed with the 3mm of white foam between the badge and the bodywork. When my shell is finally painted I intend to peel off the double sided foam and replace it with 3M double sided tape. (As used on most modern cars). On closer inspection I think the badge may be hollow, so I may have to glue some plastic blocks inside so that the tape has something to hold onto. Perhaps with the foam just holding on the edge, is the reason they fall off so easy.

Getting to your original problem, I have never seen shaped double sided foam for sale. I once purchased some wide double sided foam from eBay to use on another car badge and tried to cut around the badge with a craft knife. But due to the adhesive and the flexibility of the foam it turned into a right dogs dinner! I ended up buying a new badge.

#3 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

I used this stuff

https://www.ebay.co....loAAOSwMYRajDcK

Just cut lengths cut to shape to fill the back of the badge and stick it on. Been on a year now and no sign of any movement.

#4 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

I used the red 3m double sided tape you can get, literally great for badges, number plates etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users