Photo
- - - - -

No Indicators, Hazards Working

electrical

Best Answer RedRuby , 07 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

Fraser, just had what sounds exactly the same funnily enough also on a 93 SPi. It turned out to be a relay. If you look under the bonnet on the offside inner wing you should see two relays, probably yellow. The one nearest the bulkhead (the back on) is for the headlights and the front one is for the indicators as a quick check swap them over and test your indicators. Mine was pitted contacts inside a quick clean and they worked but I took the precaution of fitting a new one anyway. Hope thats what it is as its an easy fix. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frazer stuart

Frazer stuart

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

Hi Minifans,

Today I was out for a drive and my indicators stopped working. The relay clicks at double speed but none of the indicators, or interior indicator lights on the dash work. No lights, just lots of clicking.

The hazards still work completely fine. All exterior hazard lights and interior hazard lights on dash (obviously same ones as indicators) work fine at normal speed.

Hazard switch and indicator stalk are both relatively new. Around 1 year old. The hazard switch is an aftermarket toggle one but is up to the job.

I'm hopeless with electrics and would really appreciate some help.

Cheers,

Frazer

#2 Frazer stuart

Frazer stuart

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Also should have mentioned that it's a '93 spi

#3 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:29 PM   Best Answer

Fraser, just had what sounds exactly the same funnily enough also on a 93 SPi. It turned out to be a relay. If you look under the bonnet on the offside inner wing you should see two relays, probably yellow. The one nearest the bulkhead (the back on) is for the headlights and the front one is for the indicators as a quick check swap them over and test your indicators. Mine was pitted contacts inside a quick clean and they worked but I took the precaution of fitting a new one anyway. Hope thats what it is as its an easy fix.

Edited by RedRuby, 07 May 2018 - 07:30 PM.

#4 Frazer stuart

Frazer stuart

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

Ah Redruby you are a legend! That fixed it. Swapped the relays and the indicators work!!

Cleaned the relays off now and all good but I'll order a new one just to be safe.

Thanks so much mate, this makes it a lot easier to get to work tomorrow :)

#5 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Ah Redruby you are a legend! That fixed it. Swapped the relays and the indicators work!!
Cleaned the relays off now and all good but I'll order a new one just to be safe.
Thanks so much mate, this makes it a lot easier to get to work tomorrow :)

Your welcome Frazer, glad it was that. Took me a while to find as I thought that one relay was for the headlights and the other for front fog lights as my car originally had them, never gave a thought initially that it would be for the indicators as the switching for the indicators/ hazards normally takes place at the switch...........or so I thought

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users