#1 Aaron3

Aaron3

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: Sunmc

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hi had a rear wheel bearing seize up on me today on a fast road to the point the stub axle was spinning in the radious arm. Ive stripped it down this afternoon and took the the c-clip of the stub axle (shocker side) and it pulled it with the hub still attached, Im I right in thinking my radious arm is now scrap as Ive read the stub axles are pressed in?

#2 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

H2A7351 Minispares sell these, it seems to be interfered in indeed.
http://www.minispare...=600/2A7351.jpg
An exchange radius arm might be the best option, let someone els do the recon work... 😁

Ben

Edited by MacGyver, 10 May 2018 - 04:28 PM.

#3 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

What make wheel bearing was it? I fitted a minispares one and within 500 miles it done similar to yours and scrapped a tyre, hub and freshly reconditioned radius arm :cry:

Yep radius arms sounds like it's scrap if you could just pull the axle out. Probably need a new hub as well.

#4 cian

cian

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Northern Ireland

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

Unbranded bearing?

#5 Aaron3

Aaron3

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Mine was a minispares too and its only done 250 ish miles and yes the hub is scored to death behind the inner race, Im absolutely gutted is the car is all freshly rebuilt. I figured the arm would be mince meat. My shopping list is growing lol

Edited by Aaron3, 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#6 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

Mine was a minispares too and its only done 250 ish miles and yes the hub is scored to death behind the inner race, Im absolutely gutted is the car is all freshly rebuilt. I figured the arm would be mince meat. My shopping list is growing lol

Send them an email with photos, I got money back from them. When did you buy them? I think they need to look into there supplier a bit more.

I would only buy Timken's (or another big brand that I can't remember) now, I would change the other side as well. Timken's may cost 3 times as expensive as the non genuine types but saves a lot of money and hassle in the long run

#7 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Wow that sucks... I'm starting to seriously paranoid about where I buy my parts from now...

Hopefully they'll offer a refund as that's simply pathetic

#8 Aaron3

Aaron3

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Send them an email with photos, I got money back from them. When did you buy them? I think they need to look into there supplier a bit more.

I would only buy Timken's (or another big brand that I can't remember) now, I would change the other side as well. Timken's may cost 3 times as expensive as the non genuine types but saves a lot of money and hassle in the long run
I normally would buy timkin, but to be honest I had trouble with them too when I did the front bearings, the tolerances where way off I I couldnt get rid of the play no matter what method I tried, they where swapped for another set of timpkin but took some arguing and the second set went on fine.
I think Ill make some wooden bearings lol

#9 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Bummer, but with a new Bearing, you'd expect better.

As the others have said, the Arm is scrap.

A similar thing happened to me a long while ago, but about 200 miles from anywhere (literally).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users