cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Hiya folks how are we all?

I have 10 inch (145 width tyres) Rostyle wheels fitted to my Estate, I have discovered that the two front wheels are scrap(stud holes are squashed and also ovalled)

So what I need to know is what offset these will have, as I want to buy new wheels to fit the 145 width tyres.

Hope someone can help as I've looked everywhere 🤔

#2 Milton

Milton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: what no brakes

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

You could measure your existing wheels to determine the offset.

http://www.tsw.com/e...heel-offset.php

#3 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

You could measure your existing wheels to determine the offset.

http://www.tsw.com/e...heel-offset.php

I can't measure the existing wheels because they all have tyres fitted

#4 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

I believe I read somewhere that these are the same offset as 4.5" Cooper S wheels - makes sense I suppose as they were fitted to the same disc brake set up.

According to the Wheel Directory, LP883 Cooper S wheels are ET36 (doesnt say what the Rostyle is)

I think you might be quite limited in your choice of wheels that will be suitable for 145 tyres and which have this offset (I presume you are trying to stay arch-less?)

I assume you are talking about the 1275GT Rostyle? Not the Innocent/ Firsat as they were 4.5 or 5 inch and sort of similar to a reverse rim offset

#5 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

I believe I read somewhere that these are the same offset as 4.5" Cooper S wheels - makes sense I suppose as they were fitted to the same disc brake set up.
According to the Wheel Directory, LP883 Cooper S wheels are ET36 (doesnt say what the Rostyle is)

I think you might be quite limited in your choice of wheels that will be suitable for 145 tyres and which have this offset (I presume you are trying to stay arch-less?)

I assume you are talking about the 1275GT Rostyle? Not the Innocent/ Firsat as they were 4.5 or 5 inch and sort of similar to a reverse rim offset

I am indeed staying archless. I also have another issue, which is a 165 tyre doesn't fit on the rear, even with the extended studs and 1-1/2 inch spacers (non spacer drums).

I think you are correct(according to wheel images online too) in that the wheels currently fitted are the 145/10 1275GT type Rostyle wheels.

I have also seen the copy 4.5 inch cooper S rims available from Huddersfield mini spares

http://www.minispare...l-with-hub-cap/

I believe these would fit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users