#1 Kath's mini

Kath's mini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Hi All.

I'm posting as a Noobie, although I first joined the forum back in 2011.

My name is Peter and my wife (Kath) and I bought our Rover mini from new in March 1998. With sports pack, pearlescent paint and a years road tax it cost £9,975 - which seemed an awful lot of money for a mini......but it was very beautiful. The car came from Rowles Garage in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire (no longer trading) and we still live nearby. Servicing is now done by RJM Minis in Hedge End

This picture was taken about 10 years ago, before the ravages of time had made too much of an impact.

Attached File  001 in 2008.jpg   70.03K   2 downloads

Since new, our mini has now clocked up 47,000 miles and until a few weeks ago it was beginning to look a bit sad. There was the expected rust bubbling around the A panels, the door bottoms, the front panel and the scuttle below the windscreen.....but that was just what we could see from the outside.

For some time, we have known that the bodywork repairs needed to be carried out and we have been waiting for Richard at RJM Minis to have a slot in his schedule to take on the necessary repairs......That work is now done and Richard has done a fantastic job.

During the process of repair, I have been taking lots of pictures and I propose to post the photos over the coming days so that you can see the restoration progress as it went along.

I'll begin with these two taken back in November 2017 when the panels began to be removed so that the extent of the repair could be gauged.

Attached File  01 strip-off-panels.jpg   92.28K   3 downloads

Attached File  02-strip-off-panels.jpg   101.23K   1 downloads

I hope that the post will be helpful and of interest. Not sure whether I should continue the thread in this section or whether it should move to projects?

Peter.

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Hi All.
I'm posting as a Noobie, although I first joined the forum back in 2011.
My name is Peter and my wife (Kath) and I bought our Rover mini from new in March 1998. With sports pack, pearlescent paint and a years road tax it cost £9,975 - which seemed an awful lot of money for a mini......but it was very beautiful. The car came from Rowles Garage in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire (no longer trading) and we still live nearby. Servicing is now done by RJM Minis in Hedge End
This picture was taken about 10 years ago, before the ravages of time had made too much of an impact.
001 in 2008.jpg

Since new, our mini has now clocked up 47,000 miles and until a few weeks ago it was beginning to look a bit sad. There was the expected rust bubbling around the A panels, the door bottoms, the front panel and the scuttle below the windscreen.....but that was just what we could see from the outside.
For some time, we have known that the bodywork repairs needed to be carried out and we have been waiting for Richard at RJM Minis to have a slot in his schedule to take on the necessary repairs......That work is now done and Richard has done a fantastic job.
During the process of repair, I have been taking lots of pictures and I propose to post the photos over the coming days so that you can see the restoration progress as it went along.
I'll begin with these two taken back in November 2017 when the panels began to be removed so that the extent of the repair could be gauged.
01 strip-off-panels.jpg
02-strip-off-panels.jpg

I hope that the post will be helpful and of interest. Not sure whether I should continue the thread in this section or whether it should move to projects?

Peter.

Looks like it's going to be good, looking forward to seeing some more pictures. You need to start a thread in the projects section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users