Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: Barnsley Mini Club

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

Hey all,

So a few updates........

Location is confirmed and is unit 1, Aspen way, Centurion business park, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 1FB. Two minutes from Junction 34 of the M1 (Meadowhall Junction). 

I'm waiting for the council to do there bit now and also the creation of a Museum is fairly complicated so am working through that as I type this.

Youtube channel now live https://www.youtube....yIXezFz_c5VAAow so check that out and give us a follow for updates and I'm going to be doing videos of the creation and fit out plus cars and collections.

Does anyone on here have an extensive collection of any type that they may be interested in showing, So magazines, models, brochures etc? If so hit me up at [email protected]

Also if anyone has a car or cars they'd like to show hit me up at [email protected] , I've some interest in this already and have a pack that has been kindly pasted to me from the London motor museum on how we manage this process.

Cheers

Sam

www.minimuseum.co.uk

@minimuseum on Social

#2 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

I don't like the idea of cars in museums but having said that I have been to a few car museums and enjoy seeing vehicles from yesteryear which may not otherwise be seen ever.  It is nice if the cars can also be seen being driven at times as happens for instance with the Shuttleworth collection at Old Warden.

I prefer seeing Minis being driven come rain or shine but a decent collection from old to most recent would be of interest I think to any mini enthusiast.  I particularly like the idea of having parts collections (you mentioned steering wheels in the video as an example) to show how the parts had changed over time.

#3 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

Looks cool and it's not far, will be down to visit when it's open 

#4 minitravellerman

minitravellerman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Northern Ireland

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

I particularly like the idea of having parts collections (you mentioned steering wheels in the video as an example) to show how the parts had changed over time.

I'd agree with this statement. Collections of automobilia are always fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I still love seeing cars in museums too but as long as the collection can be changed around to allow them to have the cobwebs blown off from time to time.

There is an amazing museum (more personal collection of cars and automobilia) at Loheac in Northern France - Manoir de l'Automobile. I could spend days there looking at the collections let alone the cars on display.

#5 minimuseum

minimuseum

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: Barnsley Mini Club

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback chaps, I plan to take a selection of the cars to certain minis events and my Cooper S's to some track events, none of my cars other than The 59 & 60 will be garage queens. I'm 100% in agreement, Minis are meant to be driven.

It's amazing how much they did change, it's now just a case of getting one of each to share...........Anyone on here help with this?

Cheers

#6 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

Looks promising. I too like the idea of the parts being on display, something a little different compared to what you might normally expect to find. 

One of my favourite car places I have visited is the Classic Remise in Berlin. There are mechanics there actually working on cars during the day, with lots of other rare models on display as well. 

Good luck with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users