Photo

In Germany You Must Have A First Aid Box In Your Car At All Times. And It Must Be In Date.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,940 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

MbxEd0v.jpg

opps

RxrYJ6Q.jpg

so i now have a better load of first aid stuff in may garage.

Hk0Myor.jpg

#2 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:31 AM

Makes sense. I think everyone should carry one in their car.

#3 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:46 AM

Hi,
In Spain you have to have sunglasses, hi-vis vests for you and your pets, two warning triangles and a probably a load of other things I've forgot...
There's a lot of police in Spain, unlike the UK, and they like to keep themselves busy...
Cheers,
Gavin :)

#4 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

According to the AA it's only compulsory if it's a German registered vehicle ....even the French don't insist on carrying a First Aid kit https://www.drive-fr....com/checklist/

At least they both have a Good Samaritan Law -something we should have in the UK.

#5 AlexMozza

AlexMozza

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

According to the AA it's only compulsory if it's a German registered vehicle ....even the French don't insist on carrying a First Aid kit https://www.drive-fr....com/checklist/

At least they both have a Good Samaritan Law -something we should have in the UK.

pretty sure we have this now too?

#6 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,895 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

While i was stationed in Germany you had to carry a first aid and a 5ltr Jerry can of fuel. At the time if you ran out of fuel on the Autobahn you could be spot fined.

I always carry a first aid kit no matter what. I think it should be compulsory here as well as tabards for anyone in the car.

#7 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

You should be fined if you run out of fuel here as well to be fair.

#8 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

Good check list on that website. Im driving to Belgium next week. Amazon Prime is coming in very handy...

#9 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

There should certainly have been a fine for the lady I saw on the dual carriageway this morning doing about 50mph with a destroyed back tyre and sparks flying off the rim. I'd like to think she was getting to the next layby, but I have a horrible suspicion she was just carrying on to her destination.

#10 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

"Good check list on that website. Im driving to Belgium next week"

Good check list on that website. Im driving to Belgium next week. Amazon Prime is coming in very handy...

Did you notice the section on Vehicle Emissions-

There are also complete bans in Paris (and some other major French cities) from 0800 – 2000hrs on weekdays for the following

•      Cars registered prior to 1997

So no sightseeing tours or city stopovers en-route if you're driving something older than your MPI.

#11 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

"Good check list on that website. Im driving to Belgium next week"

Did you notice the section on Vehicle Emissions-

There are also complete bans in Paris (and some other major French cities) from 0800 2000hrs on weekdays for the following
       Cars registered prior to 1997

So no sightseeing tours or city stopovers en-route if you're driving something older than your MPI.
Haha I think my wife and kids would kill me if I took my mpi!! Lol although it would be cool. Im taking the daily so the wife and pack the kitchen sink

Although its interesting how much you need to carry compared to the UK. My problem is a spare bulb set. My daily is a company car that changes every 6 months. Ive not looked up how expensive a set is but its got LED lights so it wont be cheap...

Edited by jamesmpi, 21 May 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#12 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:12 PM

I have found that most German cars i have owned have had a factory kit tucked away somewhere (under the drivers seat for example) 

#13 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

I have found that most German cars i have owned have had a factory kit tucked away somewhere (under the drivers seat for example) 

Good shout. Ill take a look.

#14 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,038 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

I seem to recall that vehicles being driven in a foreign country have to comply with the vehicle C & U regulations of their country of registration.

When the French used to be required to have yellow headlights, it was OK to have white lights on a UK, German or other country registered car. This often annoyed French drivers at night - tough! The only requirement for UK cars was to have the dip beam corrected by use of a piece of black tape.

It is hard to see how the use of old cars in some European cities can be enforced/policed as even the registration date of the car does not confirm it's date of manufacture. For example, a Jap imported Mini could have been manufactured in 1965, registered in the UK in 2005 and have a 1955 registration number (personal plate). That would cause a bit of confusion  ;D .

#15 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,940 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

I seem to recall that vehicles being driven in a foreign country have to comply with the vehicle C & U regulations of their country of registration.

When the French used to be required to have yellow headlights, it was OK to have white lights on a UK, German or other country registered car. This often annoyed French drivers at night - tough! The only requirement for UK cars was to have the dip beam corrected by use of a piece of black tape.

It is hard to see how the use of old cars in some European cities can be enforced/policed as even the registration date of the car does not confirm it's date of manufacture. For example, a Jap imported Mini could have been manufactured in 1965, registered in the UK in 2005 and have a 1955 registration number (personal plate). That would cause a bit of confusion  ;D .

a bit off topic i must say.  but there are many things that one must comply with when driving in Europe which i am sure you know. Also even if you hold a valid driving licence from one country you may not be legally able to drive in some parts of Europe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users