4 replies to this topic

#1 germini30

germini30

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

I have the megajolt fitted to my mini. The megajolt unit is fitted inside the car. The problem I am having is fuel going down the vacuum pipe. If I go on a long overrun then floor it I am getting a puff out of the exhaust. At first I thought it was oil but in fact on overrun the fuel goes down the vacuum pipe and when I reapply the throttle it gets a gulp of fuel. Is there anyway I can stop it doing this. Many thanks.

#2 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

I really don’t understand this. The megajolt is being sucked by the engine vacuum, not the other way around.

Im not sure that’s the cause of your smoke.

How do your plugs look?

#3 Pigeonto

Pigeonto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Local Club: ISMOC

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

Mine does it too, well I don't know if it sucks back at manifold vaccuum; I just drain it off at MJ end but be warned, if the pipe goes hard in the cold you'll damage the internals if using any amount of force to pull it off and have to re-solder some connections inside

I've asked a similar question in the past on here

#4 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

If you're running a bit of a Cam, pretty much anything over a stock profile, it can do this as there will be some pulsed positive pressure in the manifold at times.

You can fit a trap, plumbed to the Manifold with bigger dia hose (about 1/2" should do it) then run from the trap with a smaller dia hose (1/8"). Run this small hose up to a high point, well above the carb before dropping down to the Megajolt connection.

The Trap doesn't need to be anything fancy, I made one from a steel canister type fuel filter, it's about 1-1/2" in da and a similar length.

#5 germini30

germini30

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

Have found out that I have ported vacuum, not good for megajolt so I need to get a take off from the manifold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users