#196 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

...coming along nicely

That engine is looking really good - seems a shame to have to hide it under a bonnet!

Out of interest, whar paint did you use ?

Edited by KTS, 19 January 2019 - 10:03 PM.

#197 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

...coming along nicely

That engine is looking really good - seems a shame to have to hide it under a bonnet!

Thanks ...The paint choice was always the preferred classic grey as it suits the charm/era of the mini saloon or van...but i also fancied going with sandy beige..while looking around i found a very nice looking MGA the colour is almost a mix of the two so we tried a sample and sure enough depending on the light it has a hint of grey and sandy beige..otherwise known as Porcelain Grey..it will be on the spit again this week as the floors are being prepped down to bare metal ready for etch and the tinted raptor to be applied..end of Feb is looking hopeful for a painted body !!..Yours will probably be ahead looking at Bens awesome work..

#198 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

There's still a lot of bodywork to do on the pup - both side panels have to be replaced yet, and given the issues that have been uncovered so far I'd be surprised if that's going to be a straightforward exercise for him.

Had a quick google for porcelain grey cars but can't find much - I'll be looking forward to the photos of yours when it's done

#199 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

There's still a lot of bodywork to do on the pup - both side panels have to be replaced yet, and given the issues that have been uncovered so far I'd be surprised if that's going to be a straightforward exercise for him.

Had a quick google for porcelain grey cars but can't find much - I'll be looking forward to the photos of yours when it's done

True ..yes the door situation has thrown a spanner in but if anyone can sort it ben will...mine through up an issue with a door skin recently..the body guy was not happy with the fit so i told him to take it off and start again..just adds time and money...ill be happy once my rear 1/4s are prepped by then any panel gremlins will be dealt with and the final prep paint won't be far off...?Porcelain Grey is listed as a BMC paint code ..

#200 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Small update ..popped over to see the body today

its starting to look promissing even tho the pictures don't show much progress..all of the interior is prepped for its raptor  coat just the underneath to check over incase of any last minute repairs before both can be etched seam sealed then raptor finished..Refurbed the carbs and gave the starter motor and oil filter a make over as they where both  bothering me ..

32011286557_038fdb4f6b_z.jpgUntitled by

46227720434_b8c5632476_k.jpgUntitled by

Edited by REVVIT, 01 February 2019 - 10:13 PM.

#201 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

Looks brilliant mate. I have a feeling the longer the shell is going to be away the more immaculate that motor is going to look :)

#202 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

Looks brilliant mate. I have a feeling the longer the shell is going to be away the more immaculate that motor is going to look :)

Thanks Matt..yes I'm running out of jobs at the moment which is nice ...hence going back over things..could do with the shell back to start bolting things on..the guy doing the shell painted a clubman estate for retro power which you may have seen..very impressed with his work hope the bits i fit do it justice...shame we never met as i see you were at Stafford last weekend...

#203 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Matt..yes I'm running out of jobs at the moment which is nice ...hence going back over things..could do with the shell back to start bolting things on..the guy doing the shell painted a clubman estate for retro power which you may have seen..very impressed with his work hope the bits i fit do it justice...shame we never met as i see you were at Stafford last weekend...

Well if you get really stuck I’ve got some jobs over here :) yeah I was that’s a shame. Decent show for a cold January day I thought

#204 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:52 PM

Feeble offerings at the moment..ground hog day just referbing and cleaning ...had the carbs mounted and wasn't happy with the linkage even after many cleaning sessions so decided to strip and send all the parts for zinc plating..same treatment for the distributer and what is potentially the last part to restore the heater !..body wise its still in prep and looking very well mid march if I'm lucky...

40081935453_db20e655e7_k.jpgUntitled by

32105141327_f72a169381_k.jpgUntitled by

32185703607_699ebf6fc9_k.jpgUntitled by

32185704257_5822edb617_k.jpgUntitled by [url=https://www.flickr.c...2080@N05/][/url

#205 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

...coming along nicely

Thanks ...The paint choice was always the preferred classic grey as it suits the charm/era of the mini saloon or van...but i also fancied going with sandy beige..while looking around i found a very nice looking MGA the colour is almost a mix of the two so we tried a sample and sure enough depending on the light it has a hint of grey and sandy beige..otherwise known as Porcelain Grey..it will be on the spit again this week as the floors are being prepped down to bare metal ready for etch and the tinted raptor to be applied..end of Feb is looking hopeful for a painted body !!..Yours will probably be ahead looking at Bens awesome work..

Love the colour. Do you know the code? I can't find it on Google etc.

I'm currently having the bodyshop do sample cards of various colours to aid a decision on my car. 

#206 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Heater has now been stripped prepped and painted ..carb parts are back so i can crack on and get these back together...

47160372301_21104b2d8b_k.jpgUntitled by

33285204278_863d34a71d_z.jpgUntitled by

40205248573_b53e4b827e_k.jpgUntitled by

#207 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

That looks amazing!

#208 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

nice work as usual !

I'm intrigued - how did you manage to work around the original sticker on the heater ?

#209 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

nice work as usual !

I'm intrigued - how did you manage to work around the original sticker on the heater ?

Thanks..well spotted  i simply masked over the top with masking tape and carefully cut round it with a scalpel ..after it was painted i gently lifted a corner with said knife and all was well..

#210 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

That's a nice touch especially as it's in such good condition. Some things are worth saving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users