#196 KTS

KTS

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

...coming along nicely

That engine is looking really good - seems a shame to have to hide it under a bonnet!

Out of interest, whar paint did you use ?

Edited by KTS, 19 January 2019 - 10:03 PM.

#197 REVVIT

REVVIT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

...coming along nicely

That engine is looking really good - seems a shame to have to hide it under a bonnet!

Out of interest, whar paint did you use ?

Thanks ...The paint choice was always the preferred classic grey as it suits the charm/era of the mini saloon or van...but i also fancied going with sandy beige..while looking around i found a very nice looking MGA the colour is almost a mix of the two so we tried a sample and sure enough depending on the light it has a hint of grey and sandy beige..otherwise known as Porcelain Grey..it will be on the spit again this week as the floors are being prepped down to bare metal ready for etch and the tinted raptor to be applied..end of Feb is looking hopeful for a painted body !!..Yours will probably be ahead looking at Bens awesome work..

#198 KTS

KTS

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 AM

There's still a lot of bodywork to do on the pup - both side panels have to be replaced yet, and given the issues that have been uncovered so far I'd be surprised if that's going to be a straightforward exercise for him.

Had a quick google for porcelain grey cars but can't find much - I'll be looking forward to the photos of yours when it's done

#199 REVVIT

REVVIT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

There's still a lot of bodywork to do on the pup - both side panels have to be replaced yet, and given the issues that have been uncovered so far I'd be surprised if that's going to be a straightforward exercise for him.

Had a quick google for porcelain grey cars but can't find much - I'll be looking forward to the photos of yours when it's done

True ..yes the door situation has thrown a spanner in but if anyone can sort it ben will...mine through up an issue with a door skin recently..the body guy was not happy with the fit so i told him to take it off and start again..just adds time and money...ill be happy once my rear 1/4s are prepped by then any panel gremlins will be dealt with and the final prep paint won't be far off...?Porcelain Grey is listed as a BMC paint code ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares