REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

they've come up well.  nice work as usual 

how's the paint work coming along ?

Thanks..finished wheel with a made centre cap fitted...

33834811298_b50082b092_k.jpgUntitled by

Body work is still moving on..all the underneath is finished paint wise ...i popped over yesterday and looks great..the next few weeks should see the main body prepped so getting closer to seeing it in paint..looking at yours thats not far away !..

#228 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Wheels looks brilliant mate, will really set this off a treat

#229 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

lovely - centre cap looks great

..i'm not sure how far away mine is from paint, but it is getting closer, and that's the main thing..

#230 wingnut

wingnut

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

Centre cap looks great.Fancy make me some!

#231 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

Wheels looks brilliant mate, will really set this off a treat

Thanks Matt..Thats the general goal just making a few unique parts along the way will make it a touch different to the norm..How is yours coming on ?

#232 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:09 PM

..i'm not sure how far away mine is from paint, but it is getting closer, and that's the main thing..

The body looks perfect even without paint..!

#233 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

..you suggesting I just get Ben to lacquer it and go for the rat-pup look ?

#234 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Ha Ha ..I think this is as far from rat look as you get..i do appreciate rat on some stuff but this deserves to show off its pert body lines !

#235 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Our builder at work who is doing the improvements to the building keeps drooling over your PUP Pat. He keeps looking round it and suggesting we rat rod it saying things like 'lets rat rod it, flames, big wheels, bonnet scoop, nice...? NICE...????? NICE????? stuff like that.

I'm not convinced :lol:

I'm prepping the panels right now so once they are done, ill update your thread.

I love those wheels REVVIT. Did you do them by hand?

Cheers

Ben

#236 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Our builder at work who is doing the improvements to the building keeps drooling over your PUP Pat. He keeps looking round it and suggesting we rat rod it saying things like 'lets rat rod it, flames, big wheels, bonnet scoop, nice...? NICE...????? NICE????? stuff like that.

I'm prepping the panels right now so once they are done, ill update your thread.

Cheers

Ben

i trust the builder is a little less 'out-there' when it comes to his day job  ;D

#237 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Cheers

Ben

Rat look wise Ben i think your builder guy wood like the truck being built in the garage where I'm doing the mini...Rat look at its finest..soon to be hidden by a nice deep plumb colour...

46804881445_772dbc4941_k.jpgUntitled by

Wheels yes all done by hand...the outer polished /wheel centres on all 4 wheels were all corroded under the lacquer ..i carefully stripped the lacquer off with paint stripper keeping away from the black spokes as these were sound and just needed keying..once the lacquer was off i had a session with 400 wet/dry to remove the heavy pitting then followed by 800...i liked the dull sheen which the 800 gave but after a quick rub with solvol the sheen went to a nice polished finish ( rat rod hell ) ..after all 4 were done i masked all the router rims/centres keyed the spokes and gave a couple of light coats of matt black..Cheers Mark.

#238 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

i trust the builder is a little less 'out-there' when it comes to his day job  ;D

Oh yes, completely conventional.

But he is in the process of ST'ing his Transit Van...

#239 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

Ben

Rat look wise Ben i think your builder guy wood like the truck being built in the garage where I'm doing the mini...Rat look at its finest..soon to be hidden by a nice deep plumb colour...

Wheels yes all done by hand...the outer polished /wheel centres on all 4 wheels were all corroded under the lacquer ..i carefully stripped the lacquer off with paint stripper keeping away from the black spokes as these were sound and just needed keying..once the lacquer was off i had a session with 400 wet/dry to remove the heavy pitting then followed by 800...i liked the dull sheen which the 800 gave but after a quick rub with solvol the sheen went to a nice polished finish ( rat rod hell ) ..after all 4 were done i masked all the router rims/centres keyed the spokes and gave a couple of light coats of matt black..Cheers Mark.

He would be all over that truck. He has asked me to rat-rod one of his scooters (he is a bit of a mod) He certainly has some crazy ideas!

really nice work on the wheels. They look fantastic

#240 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

Ben

He would be all over that truck. He has asked me to rat-rod one of his scooters (he is a bit of a mod) He certainly has some crazy ideas!

really nice work on the wheels. They look fantastic

I have a confession...in between restoring my grey MK1 and the van i had a break from minis and fancied something different to restore..that came in the shape of a Lambretta..ended up restoring 4!..as they were so easy and don't take up the room..even had a trip over your way to the scooter rally..got that out of my system and stepped back into mini ownership ....Thanks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users