571 replies to this topic

#436 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:36 PM

Ticked a few more jobs off the list and also added a few ...started installing the harness and generally trying to loose it under the bonnet..lots to do inside but ditched the 2 piece column support and have now replaced it with a Cooper s lengthened example..

49505963843_3613ca08d9_k.jpgUntitled by

49473722197_da1d2f8cda_k.jpgUntitled by

#437 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

The start of the interior!

#438 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:53 AM

Thanks..Brake wise im using 7.5 s disks  braided lines at wheel end..Master cylinder ( CLUTCH ) is 0.75" bore with 0.50" rear wheel cylinders..check the sizes when ordering as they vary otherwise you could get sent the wrong ones...Also depending on your back plates the location dowel on the rear cylinders may need re-drilling..from memory i think the rear cylinders came standard on early GT's..

Re your brake set up, I found this on Keith Calvers site

For information sake, the Mini master cylinder has a 0.70” bore. The old Cooper 997 had a bore of 0.750” largely because of the pathetic size of the discs - a great deal of pressure was needed to slow the car down but would be ace on a four-piston caliper set-up. The old Austin 1300 also had a 0.750” master cylinder. Both of these types are desperately rare now though. Some misguided folk have actually fitted a clutch master cylinder in place of the brake one as it also has a 0.750” bore. This is EXTREMELY fool-hardy as it has no internal return feature, so could leave the brakes on all the time once applied!

How have you overcome this or has this never happened to you?

#439 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

Thanks..Brake wise im using 7.5 s disks  braided lines at wheel end..Master cylinder ( CLUTCH ) is 0.75" bore with 0.50" rear wheel cylinders..check the sizes when ordering as they vary otherwise you could get sent the wrong ones...Also depending on your back plates the location dowel on the rear cylinders may need re-drilling..from memory i think the rear cylinders came standard on early GT's..

Re your brake set up, I found this on Keith Calvers site

For information sake, the Mini master cylinder has a 0.70” bore. The old Cooper 997 had a bore of 0.750” largely because of the pathetic size of the discs - a great deal of pressure was needed to slow the car down but would be ace on a four-piston caliper set-up. The old Austin 1300 also had a 0.750” master cylinder. Both of these types are desperately rare now though. Some misguided folk have actually fitted a clutch master cylinder in place of the brake one as it also has a 0.750” bore. This is EXTREMELY fool-hardy as it has no internal return feature, so could leave the brakes on all the time once applied!

How have you overcome this or has this never happened to you?

Interesting and valid ..I can only comment on my experience with other cars which I covered decent miles over time and this problem never occurred but is worth considering..

#440 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

This should keep the rain out...

49539281412_7168798d60_k.jpgUntitled by

49539053146_84da2d1bb3_k.jpgUntitled by

#441 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:32 PM

..that and some doors !

#442 tankertanker

tankertanker

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

Loving this ....
keep on cracking on

#443 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

And to finish the deed ..screen insert and wipers fitted..

49543341422_c5b7919670_k.jpgUntitled by

#444 frankm

frankm

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:00 PM

How is this getting on? Awesome so far
Looking foreword to see your interior plans

#445 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:58 AM

Looking foreword to see your interior plays out

Thanks for asking..yes still working away on lots of small jobs at the moment..going over previous work which has been unfinished because of other work needing doing first ..interior wise i started on restoring a steering wheel which has taken ages with very little to show for..had to modify some wiring for the clock and only last night have installed the switch panel again not straight forward and slightly different to the norm..i will post a few pictures later ..Cheers.

#446 frankm

frankm

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Looking foreword to see your interior plays out

Thanks for asking..yes still working away on lots of small jobs at the moment..going over previous work which has been unfinished because of other work needing doing first ..interior wise i started on restoring a steering wheel which has taken ages with very little to show for..had to modify some wiring for the clock and only last night have installed the switch panel again not straight forward and slightly different to the norm..i will post a few pictures later ..Cheers.

Nice, what kind of look are you going for with the interior?
I like to go with mk2/mk3 for mine. Just scored a pristine mk3 steering wheel on eBay last night after looking out for one for months. Most seem to go for silly money and still need lots of work.

#447 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

So making progress but not a lot to show...have assembled the wheels/tyres recently ready for when I can put the van on the ground..installed the refurbished wiring loom and had to make a few mods..fitted my headlamp bezels ...made a vacuum pipe out of metal ...spent hrs restoring a steering wheel with still more to do and installed the switch panel..as for the interior it will be bare bones only fitting what's needed for it to function..

49599323406_724839696f_k.jpgUntitled by

49599323346_32b825639b_k.jpgUntitled by

49598825863_6dfdfae0e0_k.jpgUntitled by

#448 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

steady progress then. 

what switch panel are you using;  is that a standard item ?

#449 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

steady progress then. 

what switch panel are you using;  is that a standard item ?

Getting there slowly ...spent the day going backwards had to remove fuel tank to run the rear loom..that was fun !...switch panel is the original all I've done is spin it over and mount the panel behind the dash rail on a couple of brackets to hold the cables and held in by the stainless knobs.. :rolleyes:

#450 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:00 PM

Ah, I see. The same but different...

Know what you mean about the tank - I've not fitted mine yet as I'm still faffing about with the electrics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users