571 replies to this topic

#76 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:01 PM

How are you finding the stripper works on the heritage e coat?

Tried the stripper on the first heritage panel today and it came off easy after a brief soak..i use a combination of sharp scrappers and scotchbrite and comes off a treat..

#77 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

She is looking ace! What colour will the van be going?

Yep taking shape thanks..as for the colour i was initially going with willow green but I'm having second thoughts and considering a pale grey with a snowberry white roof..dilemma !!

hmmm I am a fan of both those colours.... for me it would be green as do like a green van..

I already experimented on the bulkhead with willow green in a previous picture..it looks lovely but I'm after a period racer look so i think grey may suit the theme better ??..

#78 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

this grey ?

there's something familiar about grey for a van, but i can't quite put my finger on it

#79 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:15 AM

this grey ?

there's something familiar about grey for a van, but i can't quite put my finger on it

Im a big fan of grey on lots of cars my previous MK1 was tweed grey which looked lovely..i think being a commercial it suits those types of user friendly pastel type colours ..i suddenly feel pressure i notice your pick up being restored by ben..ive followed all of his work and its perfect so yours will be no different..

#80 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:29 PM

this grey ?

Im a big fan of grey on lots of cars my previous MK1 was tweed grey which looked lovely..i think being a commercial it suits those types of user friendly pastel type colours ..i suddenly feel pressure i notice your pick up being restored by ben..ive followed all of his work and its perfect so yours will be no different..

what colour to go for is such a hard call to make - there's so much choice !! 

with the pickup i'm planning to duck that decision and just get Ben to repaint it in the same colour as I think it suits it - no idea what colour it is though !!

your grill looks really good - what did it come from originally ?

#81 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:07 AM

this grey ?

what colour to go for is such a hard call to make - there's so much choice !! 

with the pickup i'm planning to duck that decision and just get Ben to repaint it in the same colour as I think it suits it - no idea what colour it is though !!

your grill looks really good - what did it come from originally ?

I do like the colour of your pick up as its unusual..I'm leaning towards a pale colour as its less prone to showing up any panel defects..as for the grille it started off as a blank pressing for an Aston Martin..the guy i share the garage with had it lying about..i noticed it and thought with a bit of trimming it would work on the van..still needs work and i need to finish the edge trim off but getting on with the body has taken over..

#82 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

More paint stripped...

43411415124_f5307301b8_b.jpgUntitled by

#83 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

Looking good and yeah pattern scuttles are junk

Thanks..yes it set me back a couple of weeks trying to make them work even if i did get a reasonable fit it would still bother me each time i looked at the front..how is yours coming along..do you have a build on here.?

Finally have started a build thread Project DRC

#84 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:47 PM

Looking good and yeah pattern scuttles are junk

Thanks..yes it set me back a couple of weeks trying to make them work even if i did get a reasonable fit it would still bother me each time i looked at the front..how is yours coming along..do you have a build on here.?

Finally have started a build thread Project DRC

Thats a mighty fine looking project and i hope it all goes well with your wife...Thats is also not a roll cage that is heaven to a fellow roll cage enthusiast...i would love to have one in the van but i think they are hidden to much...

#85 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:56 PM

For you Matt another one of my previous minis with the compulsory cage...

30295536178_de295213c4_z.jpgpwk by

#86 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

For you Matt another one of my previous minis with the compulsory cage...

30295536178_de295213c4_z.jpgpwk by

Thanks mate. I’m a massive cage fan and one of the reasons I didn’t do a van was wanting a big cage.
That’s funny you’ve posted that pic, I used to have a mk3 done as a Cooper s rep in island blue with oe white roof and cage :)

#87 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Nearly done with the paint stripping thankfully any small remaining bits can be sorted at prep stage ..this weekend i need to finish and clean off some welds underneath so i need to roll it on its side again..paint wise still not sure of the colour and both of my painter options have not given a rough ball park on price yet..!

43335783785_3453b793a1_b.jpgUntitled by

#88 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:27 PM

Great work on the van, The grille's looking excellent.

What arches did you have on the blue mk2?

#89 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

Thanks its taking shape..is the mini in your picture Smoke Grey ?...Grille still needs the outer bezel making which i will do when its off to paint..arches on the Mk2 were group 2 all blended in...

#90 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thanks its taking shape..is the mini in your picture Smoke Grey ?...Grille still needs the outer bezel making which i will do when its off to paint..arches on the Mk2 were group 2 all blended in...

yep smoke grey, more photos of it in the last few pages of my project thread below. I think the willow green will suit the van well, especially with that grille.  ah right, they look great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users