#1 hsular

hsular

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I have finally decided to get my 1995 Spi (RED) done properly. I am planning to get it sprayed and get the interior sorted as well as engine bay.

I am planning to keep the colour same which is red. What sort of colour combinations would you recommend for the floor carpet or seats or dash. I have been looking but could not find any red cooper combinations on here.

Also I am not sure about the engine block colour and the hoses. As the car is red I am thinking to have blue hoses and red engine may be or blue engine and blue hoses. 

I really like to red colour but I don't want it to be too much red all around.

Could I please have some recommendations or some pictures if possible.

#2 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

A black interior with red piping would look nice: http://www.minispare...red-vinyl-seat/
Cream would also look good.

These mats are also great http://www.minispare...r-classic-mini/

For your dashboard, there are loads you could go for, it all depends on if you want a central dash or behind the steering wheel.

For the engine bay, I think a red, silver or dark green engine would look good. The red or silver would go best with blue piping.

If you haven't got a steering wheel yet, the mountney ones are great, something 13" upwards

Edited by WillCarter, 04 June 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#3 hsular

hsular

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for reccomandations. Cream with red pipes could be good actually. I think I will stick to red and blue combination for the engine bay.

#4 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

We decided to try something a bit different but all OEM. Red carpet, lots of walnut, grey leather with red piping and black leather dash pads and gaiters.

Added a few extras - 2 flip down cup holders attached to heater box, 12v socket and USB charger mounted discreetly under lower dash pad, storage shelf covered in speaker felt under the passenger side dash, central locking interfaced with Rover alarm, front door bins with speakers from a metro that we’ve felt lined too, the glove box was felt lined as well just, lots of extra sound absorbing and dynamat.

I’m looking out for an original cd layer and a normal price, some chance!! And am thinking about hidden LED mood lighting.

Really nice to be in and a lot brighter than the usual black. Our engines bay is a work in progress that apart from clean work lent inspire much.

Attached Files

#5 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Colour is very much a personal taste issue - but definitely think what electrics you may need in the car - I fitted charging sockets at the front under the lower dash rail for phones etc and under the rear seat base for a coolbox. I prefer a restrained engine bay with polished alloy rather than chrome, the colour of the block/head being the only colour (can be a wild colour) and black hoses.
owlhKGr.jpg

Edited by johnR, 05 June 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#6 hsular

hsular

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I will post the pics here once it's done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users