3 replies to this topic

#1 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

Evening everyone, having a bit of self-doubt. Finally got to bleeding the clutch on my Hornet project this evening, and nothing. I can hear a bit of air out of the slave bleed nipple on release, but no fluid. Took the hose off the master cylinder and pumped the pedal- am I right in thinking that fluid should pump out the top even with no hose attached? I'm sure I'm over-thinking this!

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

yes but remember the chamber needs to be full as the port is halfway down. and some times it needs a bit of help getting some fluid into the ports to get it working. gravity bleed. ie open up the slave bleed and go make a cuppa. make sure the bleed tube is in a container.

#3 russo

russo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Nelson Inc.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

If its been out of action for sometime and a bit dry inside ports I have found by placing a piece of clear tubing (so you can see not to get a mouthful) over outlet of m/c and sucking on it to get things moving. Once this is done you may find a couple of pumps on the pedal will get things moving.

#4 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

Thanks chaps. Had a dim moment last night, had to rush out and check that I'd actually put the pin in. I had, and it was pretty sweaty with clutch fluid- so I'll reseal the master anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users