danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:26 AM

hi all, 

just got the front end on the project car and got thinking about the wheels, i have a set of 6" wide 10's with A032's(http://www.minispare...r-classic-mini/

i know all cars will vary a bit but short of building up the suspension it's hard to know if they will clear the arches on steering, trying to get the car painted before we loose the garage so havnt really got time to rebuild the suspension at the min

do i trim the arches in anticipation of the wheels fouling? anyone got the same wheels on their car? any cutting? how much cutting?

thanks  

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

it all come down to what ride height you pick.

#3 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

only a little lower than standard

tempted to just trim the edges just to be sure

#4 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

I can't remember how much I cut out of my arches, I did it 25 years ago, I must have taken about 1 1/2 inches out of the front edge. I had no clearance issues running 5x10 GB's that were on metro turbo drive flanges plus 1/2" spacers but the tyres still rubbed the front edge of the special tuning group 2 wide arches when on a lock and one wheel on a bump, this really only happened when backing out of my drive.
I then reduced the excessive castor from 9 deg to 6 deg and this eliminated the fouling of the gp2 arches.
I've now got rid of the spacers and turbo drive flanges, but I've now bought 6x10 minilites with the same ET as the GB's, so I'm hoping that these will clwar too.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users