3 replies to this topic

#1 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

Hornet is driving- badly. It handles rather like a greased pig, largely thanks I believe to the adjustable suspension items I fitted. Does anyone know of a good place to get this set up in Sussex? Doesn't have to be mini-specific, just recommended please. Ta!

#2 carbon

carbon

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

I think most of the Hornets were on Hydrolastic suspension originally. Exactly what suspension is now fitted?

Before taking it to be set up it would be worth checking the basics such as ride height. You can also check toe-in/out is in the right ball park with a long plank of wood and some improvisation. Wheel offset and tyre size / pressures can also make a big difference to handling.

#3 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Wherever you take it make sure they know how to adjust a Mini suspension. It is quite different from modern cars.

If you have fitted adjustable suspension items it might be assumed that you have adjustable length tie-bars.

I have previously posted on here the optimum settings for a road Mini.

#4 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Hi Mat, I'm in West Sussex too and this is my next job as well! I have never used them but have heard good things - Mini Motorsport in Shoreham. Trying to get booked in soon but can't get through on the phone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users