Photo

Hello. Newbie With A 1989 Mini Rose (Not Standard Now)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BingoBongo

BingoBongo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Finally found me a Mini, been looking off and on for years. Wanted a Cooper but I cant afford one so found a nice low onwer, low milage which was originally a ROSE but has been tweaked and modded here and there to look like a cooper. I love it. 44k on the clock, every past MOT to show this is genuine.

I will need some help getting her to the standard i want so look forward to meeting some owners and advice on here.

#2 BingoBongo

BingoBongo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:44 AM

So as said have been looking for many many years andnthen recently I went to view two loca minis to me. Both coopers. Both were rust pits and seemed expensive so in the end I found a car that has only done a genuine 44k and although it’s not a cooper, someone at some point has made it a lookalike. It’s a good base / start as it looks sporty and it is also a colour that I like which is white.

It drives arrow straight. No steering wheel tracking. No shudder or judder under breaking. The gears are all nice and crisp and the engine revs and ides beautifully.

Plans for now are to get the suspension working better as in my other post it is way too bumpy even for a mini.

Then I want to address some crusty front a pillars and lower door skins which are rusty.

We will see after that what to do next. My dream mini is a late one with the cooper sport wide arches and wheels but I like my cars running and driving right before they look right and ask structurally sound before anything else so one stage any a time.

This is my first weekend with the car so I will give it a good clean and then later take some photos to share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users