#1 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone,

A bit of a weird one with these replica D1s and regular wheel nuts. The wheels need a straight taper nut. Currently, I have a set of these nuts called “tuner nuts" (locally), which have a hex socket head. They have done the job for the last 2 years but are kind of ugly. On Thursday night I lost 3 wheel nuts which hadn't been properly tightened and now I need to replace them. *I figure it'd be best to get a new set of regular wheel nuts.

The reason I had to fit the ugly tuner nuts is that the stupid centre boss (whatever it's called) tapers quite a lot and it was not possible to get a wheel spanner over a regular nut.

That said, I've seen pictures of people running replica D1s with what looks like normal wheel nuts on this forum and on Facebook or Instagram.

So, my questions are, how do you get a wheel spanner/torque wrench on the nut and what nuts did you use?

Thanks.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,482 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

When I borrowed a D1 to try I fitted it with Revolution nuts, but they were too long so the wheel wasn't clamped to the flange, the outer diameter of the nuts was too small to hold the wheel correctly

#3 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Any pictures of the revolution nuts?

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

When I borrowed a D1 to try I fitted it with Revolution nuts, but they were too long so the wheel wasn't clamped to the flange, the outer diameter of the nuts was too small to hold the wheel correctly

#5 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

eBay will help, classic mini revolution wheel nuts

#6 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

Hi ive recently thrown away some wheel nuts for the d1s.
I will check on Tuesday what i have and let you know.
Sorry i cant check sooner.

#7 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:28 AM

Mini spares recommend these ones for the replica d1 wheels

http://www.minispare...04.aspx|Back to

#8 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

I really wish I could get just one of those wheel nuts to see if they clear the centre boss thing. 

#9 kyle_1275

kyle_1275

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

I have a boat load of varying length tapered nuts, some same as those posted above from minispares and some that are longer. I’d assume the longer ones would fit nicely and allow you to get a socket on them just fine. I can post up some pictures in the morning for you if you’d like? Perhaps post you one of each to try out?

Edited by kyle_1275, 10 June 2018 - 11:10 PM.

#10 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:39 AM

I have a boat load of varying length tapered nuts, some same as those posted above from minispares and some that are longer. I’d assume the longer ones would fit nicely and allow you to get a socket on them just fine. I can post up some pictures in the morning for you if you’d like? Perhaps post you one of each to try out?

That would be great, although I'm not sure what postage to SA would cost (I'd be happy to pay you via paypal for it if you could find out). 

#11 kyle_1275

kyle_1275

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

That would be great, although I'm not sure what postage to SA would cost (I'd be happy to pay you via paypal for it if you could find out).

Here you go mate, these are the ones I have. In order of shortest to longest 22mm, 31mm and 36mm.

uV4bU4S.jpg

If you PM me your address I can post them over to you, don’t worry about postage it’s only a couple of quid!

#12 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Here you go mate, these are the ones I have. In order of shortest to longest 22mm, 31mm and 36mm.

uV4bU4S.jpg

If you PM me your address I can post them over to you, don’t worry about postage it’s only a couple of quid!

Nice offer but postage to South Africa I guess would be more than a couple of quid ?

#13 kyle_1275

kyle_1275

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

uV4bU4S.jpg

Nice offer but postage to South Africa I guess would be more than a couple of quid ?

£5.20 to be exact. I’m feeling charitable I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users