6 replies to this topic

#1 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

Upon stripping the loom from the shell, which direction should the loom come out? Should it be pulled from the engine side or from under the dash? The hole is very small. I'm amazed it all squeezed through.

#2 elguapo

elguapo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Just done this, easier from engine side with bonnet taken off

#3 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Remove it through the front, so the last bit of loom to go through the hole is the rear light connections...

Im doing this in the summer sometime, but need to find a SPi loom that hasn't been hacked to bits and has all the matching fobs etc.. for the alarm..

#4 elguapo

elguapo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

I can advise on the SPI front having just done it :)

I have the part numbers and all the hard learnt experience here - PM me to remind me

#5 elguapo

elguapo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Something to be very careful of when removing the loom.

Make sure when you remove the rear harness that connects into the fuel pump, you keep this loom. I have had 2 separate looms supplied from 2 suppliers (must be made by same manufacturer) where the wire to the fuel pump is not present. I assume this is because the specific fixing to the fuel pump is not available - fortunately I retained mine but rather than wiring into the loom and re-taping it, I am running off the heated rear window as a make shift immobiliser 

The missing wire is the white/pink one - it is present in the main loom and the engine loom just not the rear loom.

If your SPI is the model that has a rear loom that uses bullet connectors to connect to the main body loom, I have a perfect one here that I bought whilst trying to figure out the parts.

#6 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Along similar lines - i removed my loom 3 years ago. Just come to refit replacent and cant remember the route for the rear. Ive a feeling that it ran from tank side of seat through side bin and along floor. Rather than over the roof? Can anyone confirm please ? Should have taken more photos.

#7 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm having the exact opposite problem! I bought my mini in boxes and the previous owner had already taken the loom out, now I've got the shell painted and all the panel work done I have no idea how to fit the new loom to the shell!

Funny to see that where you might be struggling with one thing, there's always someone struggling with the opposite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users