#1 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

Hi everyone, 

I'm not too sure how to attach the felt soundproofing to the interior of the car. Is it simply laid into place or should one use spray-on contact adhesive to attach the stuff? The kit I have is this one: 

http://www.minispare...sic/FELT01.aspx

Thanks.

#2 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Spray glue from you local carpet warehouse is ideal for holding that sort of sound deadening in.

#3 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

Spray glue from you local carpet warehouse is ideal for holding that sort of sound deadening in.

Perfect, thanks. I have a spray can of contact adhesive that I'll use. 

#4 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

I didn't stick mine down so I could remove it easily. I just fitted it in and used duck tape (other brands available) around the edge. haven't had any problems with it like this. 

#5 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

I didn't stick mine down so I could remove it easily. I just fitted it in and used duck tape (other brands available) around the edge. haven't had any problems with it like this. 

Does duct tape stick well to the painted metal surfaces? 

#6 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Does duct tape stick well to the painted metal surfaces? 

As long as it's clean and dust free.

#7 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

my method, was to place the soundproofing on the floor, spray the top of it with normfest glue (from eurocarparts) and fit the carpet ontop. this way i can remove the carpet and soundproofing very easy and refit it just as quick. This has proved a good idea when i realised that whenever i wash the car the window rubber leaks making the footwell fill with water so now i can just pull the carpet out and give it a good dry and limit the risk of wet carpets causing rust problems.

I did glue the side bits around the wheel wells to the inside as it just seemed easier than messing about with velcro or something that would constantly fall off. 

Attached File  IMG_6218.jpg   74.98K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_6235.jpg   30.66K   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_6229.jpg   19.29K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_8342.jpg   45.03K   3 downloads

#8 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

my method, was to place the soundproofing on the floor, spray the top of it with normfest glue (from eurocarparts) and fit the carpet ontop. this way i can remove the carpet and soundproofing very easy and refit it just as quick. This has proved a good idea when i realised that whenever i wash the car the window rubber leaks making the footwell fill with water so now i can just pull the carpet out and give it a good dry and limit the risk of wet carpets causing rust problems.
I did glue the side bits around the wheel wells to the inside as it just seemed easier than messing about with velcro or something that would constantly fall off.

IMG_6218.jpg
IMG_6235.jpg
IMG_6229.jpg
IMG_8342.jpg

If you have water coming in a rubber, maybe remove it and find out why it's leaking?

#9 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

IMG_6218.jpg
IMG_6235.jpg
IMG_6229.jpg
IMG_8342.jpg

If you have water coming in a rubber, maybe remove it and find out why it's leaking?

Well I only got the car on the road in March and the plan is this year to just enjoy it warts and all then next winter (funds depending) completely strip it all out and remove the windows for a proper respray so all these issues can be fixed then.

#10 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

attachicon.gif IMG_6235.jpg

What are these bars on the floor? My car doesn't have them...

#11 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

The bars behind the handbrake I guess you mean?? They are what the seat locks down to

#12 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

The bars behind the handbrake I guess you mean?? They are what the seat locks down to

Interesting. I don't think our local cars came with those. Haven't seen them on any local Minis. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users