#1 ings

ings

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

Hi

Im i big fan from Minispares and i had restored the last three years every year a Mini. So i buy a lot of things and Minispares always send them quick and for a good price to switzerland.

But last time i had bad luck and a very expensive digital CSI Distributor (217£). Did never work.

So i contacted Minispares and send the bad dizzy back. The dizzy arrived two Months ago and minispares confirmed me that the part arrived and they need time to check it.

Now i heard 8 Weeks nothing form Minispares, nowbody form Minispares answers if i get a voucher or a new dizzy back?

It is such a pity that i have to ask here for help? I contacted simon and Tawanda for a status update but nowbody give me an answer.

Is this bad warranty service normal or did i contact the wrong persons?

#2 kyle_1275

kyle_1275

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

I’d suggest giving them a call on +441707 607700 and explaining the situation. If the dizzy was defective upon delivery then there’s no reason that you shouldn’t be refunded the full amount or alternatively a replacement. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it’s a processing mistake. But yes, definitely give them a call; it’s a pain but it’s far more effective than messages and emails.

Here’s what their policy says:
2 RETURN OF GOODS
2.1 Mini Spares Centre Ltd will give a full refund excepting carriage on parts returned to us within seven days of delivery of the goods to the buyer, subject to the following conditions....
2.1.1 Goods are returned in the condition/packaging they were sold in and are not damaged in anyway.
2.1.2 The goods were not specially ordered by Mini Spares Centre Ltd on the customerís behalf.
2.1.3 The goods have not been fitted or tampered with.
2.1.4 All carriage costs relating to returned products are to be borne by the customer.

2.1 has little relevancy in this scenario as I assume shipping times go well beyond 7 days to Switzerland and back as for the following conditions I would suspect you meet them adequately. Original packaging/condition they were bought in. Not specifically ordered for you, rather a general stocked item? 2.1.3 is a little questionable, you expect an item to be in sound working order when it comes to fitting it so I’d personally say this clause is absolute b*llocks unless of course you’ve ran with it in for a number of days.

Best of luck! Hope it gets resolved.

Edited by kyle_1275, 18 June 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#3 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

Why don’t you pm Simon on here as he is the general manger [email protected]

#4 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

Contact Simon and he will undoubtedly get it sorted quickly.

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

Apologies, I received your e-mail Thursday, but Tawanda has been off since then. I will update you tomorrow.

Simon

#6 ings

ings

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

nice promice but still no answer from minispares... not so nice service. :-(

#7 Rorf

Rorf

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

nice promice but still no answer from minispares... not so nice service. :-(

This is definitely a concern - wonder how Somerfords customer service quality and service is?

#8 ings

ings

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:20 AM

Finally solved. Simon gave me a refund. took a little bit long but now am happy again with Minispares.

Thank you Simon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users