2 replies to this topic

#1 Shady19

Shady19

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hi all I have a 1972 Morris mini shell with a few boxes of bits and bobs, I also have practically all new body panels waiting to be put on as some body panels on the original shell were unsavable , I was wondering if I sold this what kind of money I’d Be expecting as I have no idea of the cost of these as haven’t seen many up that are Morris 1972, thanks.

#2 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

First off, is it an original mk3 shell?  Sounds silly I know, but a very large number of mk3 (1970-1976) cars were re-shelled in the 80s onwards to keep them on the road.  While all the internal-hinge shells look the same from a glance, they are very different under the skin and this will affect the value.

It's quite impossible to say how much a project is worth without lots more information and pictures and even then, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay as relatively few people have the facilities, time and resources to take on a major project.

The fact that it's a 1972 Morris model has little significance but all early 70s cars are thin on the ground now, probably because this was a bad era for metal quality/ thickness and paint protection!

#3 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

Sorry but this is not the valuations area.

You are welcome to join as a TMF+ Member and use the Forum's Valuation Section;-

http://www.theminifo...aluations-area/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users