4 replies to this topic

#1 maximas

maximas

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

Just got in and shut the mini door,came to get out and carnt..lol.
It looks like the guide below the door striker has come loose,looking at the other door there are 2 screws,they seem to have come loose and are sticking out a little,so when trying to open the door they are catching on the insert in the door.tried and tried but cannot open the bugger...I think the only option is to take the door off,it's external hinges ,I think I need to take the wheel off and undo the 4 bolts,any advice before I start...cheers ian

#2 hhhh

hhhh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

You could probably use a pry bar to push the frame away from the door from the inside with suitable protective measures like leather or something. It's surprising sometimes how flexible things are. The door closed, so it should be able to open again.

#3 maximas

maximas

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

Good idea...I don't want to take the door off...could open a bag of worms with the hinge bolts,paint when the door comes away ect,it's just 1 bloody screw head poking out that you carnt get to!
I say this to all mini owners,go and check how tight your door catch and aliner screws are...could save you some pain..

Edited by maximas, 22 June 2018 - 08:40 PM.

#4 hhhh

hhhh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

On my '79, the top of the door doesn't meet the door rubber by about a quarter inch until I roll up the window all the way. There's some cracking at the weld at the front bottom of the window frame.

#5 maximas

maximas

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Sorted!
Just check them little screws before you slam that door every so often...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users