#1 rob-glou

rob-glou

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

Hi Guys

I need (urgently) the RAL code for the above mini cooper colour (I am trying to get some epoxy-mastic matched for the underside and they'll only do it from a RAL, NCS or British Standard colour code).

I hope one of you can help, Ive trawled the net for this all weekend ...

KRs, Rob

#2 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

Oh boy i give up :angry:....Sorry but i can't find RAL, NCS, or BS colour codes & i need to go work on my own MPI.

BVLC1265  = 1998-99 Brooklands Green Mini  (there are shed-loads of Brooklands Green & all slightly different)

Rover paint code is HFB

Dupont  paint code is  F3725

Holts paint code is HDGR04

#3 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

I doubt there is an exact match RAL

#4 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

I doubt there is an exact match RAL

No, i couldn't a RAL number -but there is one for Tundra Green & i'm going to need it at some stage :-)

Did find a NCS code for Brooklands Green (GN169), but i've no idea which variant of the dozens of shades of Brooklands Green it is.

Hi Guys

I need (urgently) the RAL code for the above mini cooper colour (I am trying to get some epoxy-mastic matched for the underside and they'll only do it from a RAL, NCS or British Standard colour code).

I hope one of you can help, Ive trawled the net for this all weekend ...

KRs, Rob

Rob are you sure you want BLVC1265?

....that was used on the last of the MPI models & i thought you had a SPI, will be a slightly different shade & have a different BLVC & Rover paint code.

#5 rob-glou

rob-glou

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

Hi 

Thanks Guys - I had seen all the Dupont etc codes but they aren't good enough (apparently)

I agree - it now doesnt appear that I'll be able to get an exact match ... Ive decided to go with RAL 6009 - fir green which (looking at internet photos ...) looks close - I'll report back when received and used.

Hi Itsaminithing

Yes, Im sure - I am spraying the car myself with cellulose and dont want the original metallic green - Im going with the HYF/98 or BLVC1265 as its the closest mini colour in non-metallic (and is nearly year appropriate ...) - not only that but I like the colour :-)

KRs, Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users