Right so I've managed to do a bit more today in between other bits and bobs.
First things first was to sort out the spit side of things remember me saying in the post above that i needed to make something as a way of locking the spit off in multiple locations well here are some pictures of what I've done. Notice the use of an old A series gudgeon pin
With that completed and now steadier, I then decided id start removing the companion bins ive start to drill them out on the N/S ready for the half floor repair.
Once you start digging you get to see all of the previous owner repairs.
I hope to get some more done tomorrow if the weather is good and I'm not busy.