65 replies to this topic

#61 gaspen

gaspen

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:14 AM

I'm in contact with some spanish Mini expert. Most likely the car  is an Authi Mini 1000 De Luxe or LS export model. 

The N in the VIN (XL2S1N) indicate it.

MINI

1000 De Luxe

MkIII

1970 - 1974

MINI

1000 LS

MkIII

1974 - 1975

#62 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

You might find this interesting.... https://www.aronline...overseas-spain/

If it is a 1975 car (as you mentioned before) then it's far more likely to be a 1000LS.

If you scroll down to the comments section someone had an Austin Rover microfiche for the Authi Mini which had 'variations listed on some parts as being for Switzerland and Holland'.

It would be interesting to know what the differences were between the cars built for the home market & those built for export.... something else you will have to research later.

#63 gaspen

gaspen

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:48 AM

Yes, most likely it is an LS, but my spanish fellow wrote me this :

Definitely not a Authi Jubilee, they were all brown if I recall correctly.

I took a  better look at the pictures in the computer and now I am scratching my head as there are a lot of AUTHI markers.

One stop light and the AUTHI badge and the glass markings, and the seats that accept the headrest tell me is an actual Authi with some british parts that have been changed over the years. 

Moreover, it is an Export Market Authi. British Leyland did a lot of weird things and most of it is undocumented or the records have been lost. It might have been cheaper to export spanish Minis to some countries at one point, and this one came along.

The actual specifications, will be hard to get, but I will be close to this one:

http://www.minipassi...0 1000 1970.pdf

So it is an Authi Mini 1000 De Luxe "Export" which has a weird configuration, as the AUTHI badges were all removed, probably BL move to not confuse the public. But definitely not a Jubilee. 

I'll check my Authi book tonight to see if I can find more information.

So I'm waiting :)

#64 gaspen

gaspen

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hello

A member of the spanish forum spotted a "hidden" line in the Authi parts catalog. Please look at the bottom note on the second page.

If you can't read due to small resolution :

Soló para Mini 1000 exportación a Suiza, a partir de bastidor No. XL2S1N - 2.500001

In english :

It's only for Mini 1000 exports to Switzerland, from frame No. XL2S1N - 2.500001

I think it's unfold some questions :)

Attached Files

Edited by gaspen, 10 September 2018 - 07:10 PM.

#65 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

So that explains the different seats.

It's a shame it's not a 1000 De Luxe model as they had 55BHP engines (the 1000 LS had 41.5BHP).

Edited by Itsaminithing, 20 November 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#66 gaspen

gaspen

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:36 AM

So that explains the different seats.

It's a shame it's not a LS De Luxe model as they had 55BHP engines (the 1000 De Luxe had 41.5).

I'm not sure about it, because the licence of the car shows 40 kW power, but it depends on the CR, so we should know what cylinder head it has.

LS replaced De Luxe  in April 1974 and this car is from 1975.

Those seats installed to MML models which stands for "De Lujo" = "De Luxe" in english.

PS : unfortunately the price gone upwards a little bit, the seller not so "straight" person : 3000 € at the moment

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users