#1 billijames

billijames

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

Hi 

I have a 2000 Mini Seven and have been having some starting issues. Sometimes it is perfectly happy to start, we will drive it and then without warning we go to crank it and it just keeps turning over and over and doesn't fire up. Then randomly it does!? Two weeks ago on the Monday it didn't start, I tried it every day up to Friday but gave in and called the AA out on Saturday. The AA turned up...and it fired up second turn of the key! Drove it fine and Saturday, low and behold, non starter. The AA tried their diagnostic tool and the following fault codes appeared (battery voltage I put down to trying all week to start it).

'Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 417 / MEMS 2J1 - Control units Distribut. voltage. Error Message : Supply voltage too high.11 - Battery voltage .. Error Message : Supply voltage too low.18 - Mixture adaption, self-adaption parameters, row 1. Error Message : Above control limit.suspect crank sensor car started second turn of key and ran ok Requires further investigation' 

Any ideas or confirmation of the AA's suggestion that it is the crank sensor? By the way i'm pretty sure it's not the fuel cut out switch, it's the first thing I tried.

Thanks

#2 Wiggy

Wiggy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:41 AM

Crank sensors can become intermittent, so seems a logical first step. Easy to change.

#3 billijames

billijames

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Wiggy, I will try that and update. 

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,557 posts
  • Local Club: www.scottishmini.net

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Crank sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares