#1 MisterBridger1960

MisterBridger1960

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:53 AM

Hi mini folks,

Thanks to all, whom have followed my NOMAD story so far, and those who have offered advice.

On advice from my mini friend, i unwound the lighting loom to the bulkhead, cut the wires and fed 2 separate lighting looms along the inner wings to a point, just to the left of the master cylinder.

2 reasons for doing this. 1 there had been so much hacking around, i wanted to have total confidence that it would be neat, water proof and simple to get at in case of future fault finding. 2. the area of the grill and bonnet are even more hostile on the Nomad.I now have all the connections in a waterproof box, that's easy to get at. and work on.

Circuits identified as complete and working so far.

All front lights

horn

interior lights. (no-door switches)

brake switch circuit

brake fluid test circuit

indicators rear

reverse light fitted and wired to earth but needs a new switch

H-Beam and flash checked

new stalk switches fitted and plugged

new dash ignition fitted but not wired from steering one yet. key has snapped in lock.

fuel tank sender unit rewired. old one really bad.

exterior bulkhead lights fitted and connected

old style round stop/tail converted to rear fog light but not connected yet. have to connect to dipped beam circuit and fit a new blade fuse holder. again, anyone know the fuse value???

windscreen wiper motor replaced and waiting to be connected to wheel boxes then plugged in.

water temp sensor connected

tacho wire id and ready for an 80 mm tacho.

New in line fuse holder to replace the crap one behind carb. connects brown wire from loom on left to purple /orange loom on right. dont know what this serves yet. anybody know.also correct amp fuse in case the old one was wrong.....

fuse box connections on all wires into and out fitted new connectors.

oil pressure sensor connected

circuits yet to find and identify wire colours and /or location

heater motor

reverse switch wires totally unsure , cant find them.

Some questions,

should i have the dipped beam and high beam on relays,none fitted at the moment, and never been fitted. should they be on separate relays or should left and right be relay operated independantly of each other.

I will be running a twin battery split charge system due to heavy stationary battery use. can i fit another 4 fuse fusebox, inside the vehicle with acouple of relays to make the circuits protected. i dont want to blow up or cook my best TX.

also light bar will have work lights on it, so these will want to be fused etc also. just some thoughts on this would be great.

It has taken me ages to get this sparks stuff done, Still dont know the correct year. am working off 2 circuit diagrams. 1984 on as well as1988 onward. plus doing other bits and pieces.

mech work needs doing

tailgate painted and antiluce catches fitted(chains are next to be fitted)

wooden floor panel to take abuse and protect bed

handbrake cable completed instal.

fit reverse switch

nip up weeping brake pipe connection on rear splitter

straighten exhaust center pipe.

fit new heater complete.

fit heater take off stub on head

make dash and paint

fit or repair drivers door handle. door is in the locked sate on outside handle

fit isolator for battery

so there you go

never a dull moment.