#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:31 AM

"World champion Lewis Hamilton will race for Mercedes in Formula 1 for at least a further two seasons.

The 33-year-old Briton has signed a new contract with the German manufacturer that lasts until the end of 2020.

BBC Sport understands Hamilton will earn at least £30m a year, rising to a maximum of £40m, depending on bonuses."

https://www.bbc.co.u...rmula1/44884683

#2 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Briton  :lol:

Lives in Monaco 

dodges tax at every opportunity - 3 mil on his private jet

https://www.mirror.c...n-again-6516550

not my Favorite driver

Edited by sledgehammer, 21 July 2018 - 10:51 AM.

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

not my Favorite driver

Not my favourite driver either....

Edited by mab01uk, 21 July 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#4 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

not my Favorite driver

Not my favourite driver either....

Well he is mine, because he is a winner, as for the money good luck to him, if someone offered that doe to me I'd take it and do everything possible to stop the thieving basta$ds , sorry government getting there hands on it. Good luck to the guy, in my view is the best driver about at the moment and deserves everything he gets

Shooter

#5 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Loads of F1 drivers live in Monaco to dodge tax.

#6 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

And my favourite current f1 driver wins another world championship, and not in the best car either.

Shooter

#7 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

Yep Ferrari and Vettel threw it away this season, had the better car for the most part but still came up short.

See what happens next year, Mercades have closed the gap recently so the season will probably end with both cars on level pegging.

#8 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:24 PM

Lost interest in F1 many years ago.

Moto GP is far better.

#9 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

I really do want to like F1, but after trying to get back into it a few times, I just can't get interested in a full race. Probably more to do with my attention span than anything else! But it does seem there is less action, less characters and generally less excitement. 

Still, I'll always fondly remember as a kid, getting up at daft hours in the night to watch Damon Hill try and finally beat Schumacher. I remember crying when Senna died, and I still think that's the point that my dad started steering me away from Karting.

I try and catch touring cars if I see it's on ITV4 as I still find that good to watch. Rallying too.

#10 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

I really do want to like F1, but after trying to get back into it a few times, I just can't get interested in a full race. Probably more to do with my attention span than anything else! But it does seem there is less action, less characters and generally less excitement.

Still, I'll always fondly remember as a kid, getting up at daft hours in the night to watch Damon Hill try and finally beat Schumacher. I remember crying when Senna died, and I still think that's the point that my dad started steering me away from Karting.

I try and catch touring cars if I see it's on ITV4 as I still find that good to watch. Rallying too.

I’m exactly the same! I do like F1 but struggle to sit and watch a whole race.

Prefer to watch Rally and Touring cars all day long.
As for 2 wheels MotoGP is a brilliant watch.

#11 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

Same here tried to get back into it......but F1 is not what it used to be.

#12 ajac8

ajac8

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:08 PM

You can't knock Hamilton for his driving ability although the capability of the Mercedes is really second to none this year. I often wonder how much is the car and how much is the driver?

My interest in F1 is really struggling now. Liberty media don't seem to be doing enough to make it interesting. Tinkering at the edges is pointless as long as the big teams continue to dominate engine supply and cash prizes.

Hamilton may be god driver but judging by is social media output he is a self centred ars*e

#13 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

I often wonder how much is the car and how much is the driver?

and the team, don't forget about the team!

Vettel and Hamilton are both excellent drivers, the cars as similar in pace as well.  But the Mercedes team seem to have the ability to hold it together for the full season.

Ferrari started well but the wheels fell off midway through.

#14 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:19 AM

i'm confuse.... why do people insist on still referring to Hamilton as British?

He was born in Britain but declines to live here, he was British born but he is now a Monacoian (a person born in a foreign country but resident in Monaco).

You don't see Jerry Springer calling himself British -if you chose to leave the country of your birth & become a citizen of another country then that should be your nationality.

#15 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

i'm confuse.... why do people insist on still referring to Hamilton as British?
He was born in Britain but declines to live here, he was British born but he is now a Monacoian (a person born in a foreign country but resident in Monaco).
You don't see Jerry Springer calling himself British -if you chose to leave the country of your birth & become a citizen of another country then that should be your nationality.

Hamilton is not British he is English, where you live has nothing to do with it, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you had the chance to legitimately pay less tax you would, only a fool wouldn't

Shooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users