screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys!

On removing the rear subframe to do the sills on my latest mini I noticed the fuel filter fitted under there.

This is my first experience with an injection mini so coming across quite a few different bits and pieces.

Is it common to do anything with this filter? I.e: move it, change it, update it etc.

Thanks.

#2 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

Just like any other filter, change it when the vehicle manufacturer recommends.

If it looks years old go straight to putting a new one on!

Cheers  :proud:

#3 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

Change it, but you'll likely find that the in/out connecting nuts have rusted solid. I had to remove mine as I couldn't get them undone. I used some new fuel line to replace the metal existing pipework and plumbed in a generic fuel filter. I think it's a part from a Vauxhall Astra or Citroen Saxo, needs an external diameter of about 55mm  & length of about 140mm for the spi bracket

https://www.buycarpa...premium/7172812

#4 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Change it, but you'll likely find that the in/out connecting nuts have rusted solid. I had to remove mine as I couldn't get them undone. I used some new fuel line to replace the metal existing pipework and plumbed in a generic fuel filter. I think it's a part from a Vauxhall Astra or Citroen Saxo, needs an external diameter of about 55mm & length of about 140mm for the spi bracket

https://www.buycarpa...premium/7172812

I've done the same conversion from hard line with threaded connections either side of the filter to hose with screw clip connections attached to a generic filter. Easy and no problems to date. Keep the filter mounting bracket and use a full length of hose from the tank to the filter via the grommet in the boot floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users