• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

Today I insured my very-modified 1964 Cooper S rally car. I changed from Adrian Flux to Hagerty.
I paid £220 for fully comp at an agreed value of £45,000 and a max of 1000 miles per annum.
The policy includes RAC breakdown cover and I can drive any other classic car which is insured by Hagerty.
If my trailer was less than 5 metre bed length that would also be covered.
They added my friend who lives in the USA at no additional cost.
They didn't need a valuation, just a set of photos and I didn't have to give a detailed list of modifications, just state that it is prepared to FIA Group 2 regulations for historic comp. cars.
Excellent company

#2 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Do you still rally it and if so, do they cover that too?

#3 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

Cooperman - do you have NCB on your policy? I'm struggling to find a worthy insurer for the Cooper T that will cover the modifications and do it below £500. Currently have all my NCB on the new daily... bloody need it too :(

#4 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

I personally haven't come across NCB discounts with the classic policy insurers I've contacted or used. Agreed value for me is the most important consideration, together with overseas breakdown cover which I find is real pain - and expensive - to source as a separate item outside a classic motor policy.

#5 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

I personally haven't come across NCB discounts with the classic policy insurers I've contacted or used. Agreed value for me is the most important consideration, together with overseas breakdown cover which I find is real pain - and expensive - to source as a separate item outside a classic motor policy.

Classic car policies don't have NCB. But he doesn't state whether it is or not.

#6 minipickup

minipickup

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:40 PM

I am with Hagerty and have been for years, they only insure classics and you have to have a main car. My Pick Up is modified and I also insure a standard mini and a Boxster for just shy of £350.

#7 Haynes

Haynes

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

Classic car policies don't have NCB. But he doesn't state whether it is or not.

Hagerty only insure 'classics and on the basis you have a daily driver as well. Think you have to be over 30. And you don't / can't use any NCB

#8 Albannach

Albannach

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:07 AM

My GF and I have a Hagerty Classic Policy for our Nissan Figaro, but it is in Florida, where I spend a lot of time nowadays.
She does have a Suzuki Swift as her first car. Our Premium was around $400. Breakdown Cover? AAA gives us good protection, if needed for less than $80 per annum. NCB doesn't come into the equation because its a Classic. Can't fault Hagerty, good Company.

#9 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:05 AM

Hi,

I've always had good results with Carole Nash.

Breakdown cover included and travel abroad, not sure on the breakdown cover abroad...

Cheers  :proud:

#10 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

Going back a few years now, I found Graham Sykes good and there was another Peter James I think. I haven't insured a mini for a few years so don't know who is best now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users