Maybe a long shot but worth a question. Short back story.....
- Bought in March and discovered car has earlier engine...maybe as early as '60's
- Had 2 lots of various electrical issues fixed and installed stage I kit. Was running well
- Took to panel beater for minor body work, who had it 3-4 weeks.
- Picked it up and was running very rough. Would not idle, kept stalling, and when going was bunny hopping.
- Mechanic next to panel beater got it running but it sounded terrible and seemed out of tune
- Took to very experienced classic mini guy who sorted several issues but could not pinpoint exact cause for initial rough running.
- Drove 10km home and was running sweet until last 200m where it seemed to start to hesitate. Had no time to investigate.
- Later that day took it for a test and was back to how it had been when I picked it up from panel beater..stalling...bunny hopping
Will take back to mini mechanic but on the phone he was a bit mystified, so thought I'd try here
Edited by Rod_r, 01 August 2018 - 01:51 AM.