5 replies to this topic

#1 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:04 PM

I'm trying to fit the upper arms into the subframe but cant seem to do it.

My problem is I can get it in place without the rear thrust washer, but if I try and add that it won't got in. It seems to catch on a lip on the back of the subframe. Is there a knack to it?

Thrust Washer

qx85ueo.jpg

The lip it keeps catching on

4fkmqjM.jpg

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:11 PM   Best Answer

it that the washer and not the collar?

#3 richmondclassicsnorthwales

richmondclassicsnorthwales

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

Make sure you have the bigger and smaller washers the correct ends first.

Then fit the rear washer and put the rubber ring over the back and washer itself, use some grease on the surfaces and it will help mate them together and act as a glue to keep the faces together

You should then be able to offer the arm up and with the trumpet in one hand and arm in the other, feed them up. The washer should stay in place.

Make sure you have the long pivot and thick front washer handy so when the arm is in place, fit the washer in at the front of the subframe and then push through the pivot / pin. Put the plate on, then fit the small 1/4 in bolts in. The bottom bolt will need its 1/4in nut and lock washer handy. Tighten evenly.

The rubber ring for the front - Roll it over the front of the arm, if you try and leave it at the front, it will more than likely fall off on trying to fit the arm, so roll it over and push it up the arm a bit, then when the pin and everything is fitted and in place , you can push / slide the ring into place with a screwdriver.

This should help

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Make sure you have the bigger and smaller washers the correct ends first.

Then fit the rear washer and put the rubber ring over the back and washer itself, use some grease on the surfaces and it will help mate them together and act as a glue to keep the faces together

You should then be able to offer the arm up and with the trumpet in one hand and arm in the other, feed them up. The washer should stay in place.

Make sure you have the long pivot and thick front washer handy so when the arm is in place, fit the washer in at the front of the subframe and then push through the pivot / pin. Put the plate on, then fit the small 1/4 in bolts in. The bottom bolt will need its 1/4in nut and lock washer handy. Tighten evenly.

The rubber ring for the front - Roll it over the front of the arm, if you try and leave it at the front, it will more than likely fall off on trying to fit the arm, so roll it over and push it up the arm a bit, then when the pin and everything is fitted and in place , you can push / slide the ring into place with a screwdriver.

This should help

aint that the wrong way around.fit pivot then fit the collar. or even fit the collar to the pin with the diamond plate and spring washer and nut and slide the whole assy in trough the front. OK not easy with brakes and things in the way. 

#5 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

Silly me!

Had them the wrong way around!

#6 richmondclassicsnorthwales

richmondclassicsnorthwales

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:16 PM

These things happen , just little things make the difference

A bit like me got the description above a bit back to front, but you get the idea which is the main thing ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users