8 replies to this topic

#1 Ck17Ritz

Ck17Ritz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Howdy does any know if Minispares balljoints have a greasepath or am i better of with the genuine ones they list as from unipart? Cheers

#2 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

Yes, minispares ones are good.

#3 Ck17Ritz

Ck17Ritz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:23 PM

Thanks mate :)

#4 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:24 PM

Check the cups though, I might have had a one off dodgy set but mine were cast badly and had loads of little pits on the surface. They sent out another set FOC and they were fine.

#5 Ck17Ritz

Ck17Ritz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:37 PM

I will do thankyou :)

#6 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

I'd suggest the Delphi Joints, they are better than the Mini Spares ones in a few ways.

#7 Ck17Ritz

Ck17Ritz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

Ive got some minispares ones on order now mate because i was trying to get some decent ones fast but ill bare delphi ones in mind if these only last 5 mins lol cheers

#8 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

I'd suggest the Delphi Joints, they are better than the Mini Spares ones in a few ways.

You sure on this?....
See post here
http://www.theminifo...e-to-buy/page-2

Post #25
“The question of stocking Delphi ball joint kits has been raised before, so to see if there was a quality improvement over the kit we stock, we ordered a set in. Nicely boxed, and as you would expect to see a kit. Upon opening however, it quickly became clear these are no different to the kits we have in stock, as these pictures show. They have the same kit labelling on the bag, and the same reference to batch codes. The main difference is they come with 2 extra lock tabs. We checked with our supplier of kits, and indeed they are the same. They add the extra tabs at the factory and then supply them to Delphi.”

FS

#9 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

You sure on this?....
See post here
http://www.theminifo...e-to-buy/page-2

Post #25
“The question of stocking Delphi ball joint kits has been raised before, so to see if there was a quality improvement over the kit we stock, we ordered a set in. Nicely boxed, and as you would expect to see a kit. Upon opening however, it quickly became clear these are no different to the kits we have in stock, as these pictures show. They have the same kit labelling on the bag, and the same reference to batch codes. The main difference is they come with 2 extra lock tabs. We checked with our supplier of kits, and indeed they are the same. They add the extra tabs at the factory and then supply them to Delphi.”

FS

Yeah, I am aware of the thread and discussion, however, while maybe coming from under the same roof, I've not found them the same, and to that, if you look at the contents of the two kits, the rubbers and spring washers (for a small, easy to see example) are different, so I'm none too sure how this is all coming about, but I've found the MS Joints not the same as Delphi

Mini Spares Ball Joint after 6500 km

tcTtPRf.jpg

4crfLrP.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users