#16 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

Hi,

You don't have to use them for an rc 40, I never did but they do belp with a bit of extra ground clearance...

Cheers  :proud:

#17 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:30 PM

With the increase in speed humps, despite the Gov't advising councils not to have them, the need for increased ground clearance has increased as has the need for the exhaust system on our little old cars to be as close to the underfloor as possible.

The rubber rings/hooks of the later systems really do make the exhaust hang down too much, but fortunately reversion to the early mounting system is very easy. It is also easy to raise the ride height a bit as well.

#18 slayerofcows

slayerofcows

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

I seem to scrape the exhaust on every speed bump and the crest of the hill at the top of my drive.  Found an somewhat oily bolt in the garage last week and i've developed a knocking noise when accelerating  >_<

Previous owner had fitted hi-lo's and dropped it as far as it goes it seems.  Raising it is something I should have tackled myself but just checked it into the local garage this morning to get it lifted and checked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users