#1 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

Hey peeps...
So I've decided to sell my first mini... unfortunately I'm not so sure how much for...
As the title says it's a non-runner. It has an electrical fault, produced by the previous owner bodging a lot of the wiring for most things (wants to run but no spark). I'm thinking a new wiring loom?? Worked perfectly beforehand. Has a full stage 1 998 engine with standard transmission,2 inch sports exhaust, walnut 3 clock dash with cream interior and Bluetooth radio, 12 inch minilites, alarm system (very loud), 2 spotlamps up front and finished in blue (can't remember paint code) with chrome wheelarches and mirrors.
Lovely car when running and sooo much fun on the road. Has no MOT and I don't have the time the fix the problems. Will need tuning as well I think.
Please look at pictures (to follow) and any advice on price would be great.
Thanks
Paul B

#2 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

Hey peeps...
So I've decided to sell my first mini... unfortunately I'm not so sure how much for...
As the title says it's a non-runner. It has an electrical fault, produced by the previous owner bodging a lot of the wiring for most things (wants to run but no spark). I'm thinking a new wiring loom?? Worked perfectly beforehand. Has a full stage 1 998 engine with standard transmission,2 inch sports exhaust, walnut 3 clock dash with cream interior and Bluetooth radio, 12 inch minilites, alarm system (very loud), 2 spotlamps up front and finished in blue (can't remember paint code) with chrome wheelarches and mirrors.
Lovely car when running and sooo much fun on the road. Has no MOT and I don't have the time the fix the problems. Will need tuning as well I think.
Please look at pictures (to follow) and any advice on price would be great.
Thanks
Paul B

Attached Files

#3 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:52 PM

Ah, carb mini no spark should be very easy to track down.... 

Voltage to coil ? 

Rotor arm turning ?

HT leads good? 

Edited by phillrulz, 10 August 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#4 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

Forgot to mention I paid £4,200 for the old girl.

#5 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

Seems an awful waste to sell it just because of that fault. A new front loom can be fitted in a morning

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,940 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

lets put it like this you will not get anywhere near your bought price. the cost of fixing it will be nowhere near the hit you will take as it is now.

#7 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:19 PM

I know, but I've got my other mini to have some fun in. If I'm honest, I'm not the most confident in electrics as it is so it might as well go to someone who enjoys a little challenge. And if I lost a bit in the sale, ive definitely made up for in driving her around! Is not right sat there doing nothing

#8 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,940 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:46 AM

I know, but I've got my other mini to have some fun in. If I'm honest, I'm not the most confident in electrics as it is so it might as well go to someone who enjoys a little challenge. And if I lost a bit in the sale, ive definitely made up for in driving her around! Is not right sat there doing nothing

lost a BIT its a none runner with no MOT 2K would be expensive.  get it fixed and MOTed and you may only lose the cost of the fix. 

if i was looking to buy it you have left yourself open to so many points to knock the price down and i bet i can find more.

#9 harrythehat

harrythehat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Looks a nice little car would be such a waste to sell as is

wouldn't cost a fortune for the fix, doubt it would be a loom probably just one wire causing the grief

put it in for MOT after its running see what it fails on if you cant or don't have time for fix sell it with the failure at least people will know whats wrong with her

as is 1500 /2000 struggling cant complain

fixed running 2/3000 whingers and peeps wanting to kick u in the gonads for the 2k

MOT'd 3/4000 easy peasy happy peeps driving away

#10 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:47 PM

New HT leads, power to coil. Struggled getting an earth though. To be fair the whole engine bay wiring loom is shot at. Is that readily available? Don't mind hashing a go myself just haven't got the time... Thanks guys

#11 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,940 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:32 PM

yep you can by full harnesses and fronts and rears and some people will make custom ones up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users