3 replies to this topic

#1 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:39 PM

Stumbled across some weird looking cracks in my right side door whilst cleaning up today... Only found them there - did a thorough check everywhere else.
Anyone have an idea what's causing it/solutions/remedies for a weekend type job? I can't be asked to completely replace the door or do a complete repaint so simple is key ;)

Edit:just realised the quality is pretty bad...

Attached Files

Edited by luismx123, 12 August 2018 - 07:40 PM.

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

I would hazard a guess and say its possibly filler. Either that or a reaction to something underneath.

So you could rub back locally to confirm what it actually is then go from there. If you have a matched aerosol then you may get away with a small spray repair. And by matched i mean from a Autopaint shop not Halfords.

#3 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

I would hazard a guess and say its possibly filler. Either that or a reaction to something underneath.

So you could rub back locally to confirm what it actually is then go from there. If you have a matched aerosol then you may get away with a small spray repair. And by matched i mean from a Autopaint shop not Halfords.

yea was thinking the same. weird that its only that door/area. like 50cm diameter. Its not noticable at all- unless youre anal about it i guess. Good idea with spraying over. will take a look into that :)

#4 harrythehat

harrythehat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:35 AM

could be shrinkage or not filled enough,

use a rubber block flat it down 1500/2000 grade paper

if the 50cm circle goes grey ie takes paint off and leaves filler then repair is to high flat till level

if paint goes outside circle filler to low use filler to bring up, u may need to use something like top stop gold a very fine filler

prime and repaint

you may find a circle still showing once painted and may need to cover a larger area to take away the spot effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users