• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 minivernon

minivernon
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hello,

Been a while since I was a member on the forum but I finally finished the mini (again for the 2nd time) I have a 1989 mini which has been totally restored from the shell up, originally had a 1380 engine when first finished but sadly it gave up the ghost (not built great from a mini supplier) but I rushed into buying the engine. I since have has a new engine built by Bill Richards a 1293cc with stage 3 ported head together with a trick cam etc etc, absolutely brilliant  :D refurbished the gearbox and changed all the newish rubber doughnuts to red springs to improve the handling. I threw away the old speedo etc (my better half got nicked for speeding and blamed me as the speedo needle kept flickering so she said she never knew what speed she was going. So fitted a new custom dash and Digi Dash display from ETB instruments which is great as you can plug your laptop into the display and download data.

Looking forward to visiting a few shows / meetings but I guess I have missed the boat on that topic now the summer is nearly over. Anyway Its nice to be back and using the mini again.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users